Budweiser Brew Masters Private Reserve

overall

RATINGS: 216   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Brew Masters’ Private Reserve is an exceptionally rich beer that is a symphony of character, featuring a balanced hop aroma with 8.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV). Based on the time-honored Budweiser brewmaster holiday tradition of collecting the richest first part of the brew as it is tapped to the brew kettles to celebrate the season, this is the first time it is being made available to the public.

jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - DEC 20, 2006
From a swing top 1qt. brown non returnable bottle, with born on date, 10/12/05 and lot number SR77. Made a good appearance, poured into a pint glass a golden amber with a nice sized foamy white head that reduced to a thin lacing and a minimal amount of sticking. Had a good All-Malt aroma, a rice malty. Medium carbonation and a wet, slick light bodied mouth feel, very drinkable. Taste was, yes, like Budweiser, but with more sour malt and a little lemony presence, with a nice alcohol burn on the tongue and a dry crisp finish. This is a very good American All-Malt Lager, even if it is brewed by A-B. Well worth trying, purchased at Friar Tuck in Peoria, IL. for $10.99. ___ Born on date, 25.Sept.06, lot no. SR71, A/4,S/4,T/4.5,M/4,D/4.5 Very enjoyable All-Malt Lager, a deep sour grainy taste with a light spicy, grassy hoppiness and a dry cereal grainy, malty finish, the alcohol is well masked behind the malty sweetness. A seasonal lager that I look forward to, I don’t care if it comes from A-B, very drinkability, tasty and balanced, give it a try before you judge.

BigBen2120 (687) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 5, 2007
Lighter amber translucent body with about an inch of white head that dissipates quickly but leaves a little lacing. Smells similar to Budweiser in some ways, but has a roasty malt character to it. Taste is somewhat light, but fairly complex with hints of yeast, caramel, vanilla, and some alcohol, though the alcohol is very well hidden. Clean finish. Very creamy mouthfeel. Overall, pretty impressive considering it’s a beer with the Budweiser name on it. I could probably see myself getting this one again.

Bill Becker (1770) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - OCT 31, 2017
From Nov 2007 I bought this as a gift pack with 2 Flute glasses and swing top 1 Qt 14.5 oz bottle. It pours from bottle(born on 09 Oct 07) a clear amber with a nice 2 finger head of foam that recedes fairly rapidly to some spotty foam midway through my session and it does have a bit of lacing. The smell has that nice Doppelbock nose of roasted and caramel malt and maybe some butterscotch? The taste on first sip...it's tasty! Very nice flavours of caramel, molasses, and roasted malt hit my tatsebuds just right. Wow. I also get some fig and a bit of chocolate and man, it's so easy to take further sips. Smooth as all heck but quite flavourful. Even the mouthfeel feels just right for the style and the carbonation is medium to medium light. I'm impressed! I've had previous versions of AB's Brew Masters Private Reserves and this one is by far the best. The finish has a nice semi sweet taste to it and the alcohol is very well hidden. Again, I'm impressed! Impressed enough that I know I'll pick up some more. Well done, Anheuser Busch! Bottom line: Everything about the flavours in this DB from AB says it's *not* artificial, if you know what I'm driving at. Most of their bigger beers have a "contrived" feel to them when it comes to taste. This one does not subscribe to that policy. This is a damn good Doppelbock and one I'll buy again. No qualms about it. Try it if you see it. You *just* might agree with me. Or not...;^)

schquigly (18) - louisville, Kentucky, USA - MAR 28, 2006
great beer if you like the busch family. refreshing and amazingly sweet for its high aclohol content

NJBeerman013 (1054) - Hamilton Twp., New Jersey, USA - DEC 8, 2007
1 Qt 14.5 oz Bottle. This is an AB product? Wow. This beer pours a rich amber in color with a slightly off-white, lacey head. The aroma is a slightly spicy, malty mix of cane sugar and caramel. The flavor is heavy on the malts with a good bit of sweetness, floral, and caramel notes. The malts do a good bit to hide the extra shot of alcohol although it does make a bit more of an appearance as the beer warms up a bit. The mouthfeel is full and creamy, as any good Dopplebock should be. It finishes strong, sweet, and smooth.

ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - MAR 2, 2008
Bottle from Daniel. Thanks. I dont really know what is going on with that picture of this beer - this stuff is no where near yellow like that. Dark brown color with a light brown head on it. Some sweet and rich flavors in the smell, caramel and not really alot of hop presence. Tastes good, sweet and easy to drink. There is alot of beer in this bottle, so either be thirsty, or split it with several people. Really underrated; I think people rate it based on the fact that it is an AB product. Proof that AB can release a good beer, too bad they do not do it often.

BarZigKin (511) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUL 8, 2010
46.5oz swingtop botte from ’07, courtesy of my parents, who had been given the bottle by myself for Christmas back in ’07. What goes around, comes around. Sampled on Father’s Day 2010. Poured a deep, dark clear (later cloudy) amber body with tan head that lasted a bit, but didn’t leave much lacing. Aromas of ripe stone fruits, caramel and bready malt sweetness. Flavor was bready malt, medium sweetness, figgy, slightly vegetal and some alcohol. Active carbonation and a fizzy, full mouthfeel. After 2 1/2 years, this is still a solid beer. I liked it when it was fresh and I like it now.

Ferris (16487) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 25, 2015
Bottle - Vintage 2007 - Caramel malts and dark sugars. Dark brown copper with a decent white head. Dark malty caramel malts. Like a light Barleywine or American strong.

goodlookin1 (1) - Roseville, California, USA - MAY 4, 2007 does not count
This is a decent brew. I like the high alcohol content because it makes it taste stronger. But it fills me up very easily.

vmilaxer29 (427) - Virginia, USA - DEC 17, 2007
Yo, my buddy and I snagged a handle of this from our local brewery. I threw mine in a pint glass, from which I could clearly distinguish the faint aroma of toffee, caramel, and Land-O-Lakes butta. The taste was smooth, yet somewhat refined. My main man demonstrated this refinement by pouring his into a ceramic teacup and "raising the roof" at the same time he rose his pinky finger. There was a definite aftertaste, similar to when you get a bit o’ grass in yo Milwaukee’s Best 40-ounce. The most gnarly feature of this particular brew is the massive champagne bottle that she’s packaged in. This is definitely taking "center-stage" on my beer wall, next to the half-empty bottle of generic tequila and alcoholic energy drinks. The 8.5% is starting to kick in now, so I better finish this up before I have to drive ho.........and if you think I just copied this from dlunsford then you are a tard, because obviously i just wrote something extra; and we did drink it together.