Brewed by Budějovický Budvar
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
České Budějovice, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 2264   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Czechvar is the special name (editor’s note: for North America) of the world famous beer produced by the renowned brewery in Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic. Benefitting from over 700 years of brewing experience of the South Bohemian region, Czechvar is the golden original, acknowledged by many connoisseurs as one of the best lagers in the world.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

cweb7 (39) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - MAY 6, 2006
Bottled. Had a bottle of Czechvar and it instantly become one of my favorites, as this is one of my favorite styles of beer. Surprisingly I didn’t notice any skunk from the green bottle. I’d recommend this over Heineken, Grolsch or any other green bottled beer any day.

VanDer1584 (39) - Bavaria, GERMANY - MAY 7, 2012
Funnily enough I’ve never tried this from a bottle. On my trip to Prague I drank several from the tap, in beautiful taverns and I have to say this is one of my favourite pilsner beers, and I must admit it’s not my favourite style of beer. It’s not worth it going into details... Just an extraordinary beer.

Ambla (38) - Lower Saxony, GERMANY - DEC 27, 2013
Sehr hell, fast zu hell. Wenig Schaum, der schnell vergeht. Geringe Aromen. Geschmacklich leicht malzig, nur geringer Hopfen. Ich mag es, eine Besonderheit, die man getrunken haben muss, ist es nicht. Sehr Mainstream.

Vandenberq (38) - Berlin, GERMANY - APR 25, 2015
Böhmischer Standard. Süßlich, voll, malzig. Bloß nicht abwechselnd mit Pils oder so trinken. – Sehr gekonntes Etikett, kernige Farbenkombi.

DeadRomance (38) - - AUG 1, 2015
Aroma: cooked vegetables, basement aromas, Appearance: pale, clear, minimal head, sparkling Taste: light sweetness, lightly bitter Palate: light body, lively, bitter Overall: solid lager

Minnbrewer (38) - Coon Rapids, Minnesota, USA - DEC 13, 2015
Saaz as it should be in a Pilsner. Not over the top, but fully present. Malty, but not sweet. Dry enough to be crisp and quenching. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

schweinhund (38) - Racine, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2012
One of the world’s greats! The real "Budweiser" and not the STL swill! Crisp, delicious, clean and Czech! What more is there, really! Been enjoying for years. Prefer the .5L bottle - less trips to the fridge that way. Oops! Gotta get another! Prosit!

demain1099 (38) - NETHERLANDS - SEP 8, 2000

sethatuml (38) - USA - DEC 7, 2002
Not a bad brew. Wanted to do a little research into my family's Czech roots. How better than by drinking beer? I'd drink it again. Pretty decent stuff.

Hysteria (38) - USA - JUN 28, 2003
Beautiful pale color. Lively carbonated. Great balance between hops and malt. Hops not overstated which seems to be the trend of late. Like a very premium Heineken. The only thing I don't like about it is the price.