overall
n/a
RATINGS: 285   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Budweiser & Clamato con sal y limon. Enjoy the best of both worlds: a refreshing Budweiser and the unique flavor of Clamato. Drink a Red One,</> ready to go, or use your favorite ingredients to make it yours, wherever, whenever.

ChadPolenz's rating

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ChadPolenz (1845) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - MAY 12, 2011
I didn’t think it was possible to find a beer worse than Bud Light and Clamato Chelada, but I finally found it - the Budweiser version of the same beer. I really do not understand the appeal to these drinks at all. Their entire premise is like something the drunkest, highest person in the world would come up with - take tomato juice and add clam broth to it, then infuse it with salt and lime and add Budweiser to make it alcoholic. The result is a beer that tastes like ocean water with tomato flavoring. I do realize this beer and others like it are aimed at a very specific, niche audience (mostly Hispanics), but considering how it actually tastes - who could possibly find this appealing?

I poured a 24oz can into a 1 liter boot stein.

Appearance: Hazy dark red with pinkish hue. Forms a pink, soapy head which fizzles away in seconds. Leaves large, noticeable salt granules around the glass.

Smell: Absolutely disgusting! Vomit mixed with tomato sauce while inside a fish market. The smell alone had me gagging.

Taste: The best way to describe the flavor would be the aftertaste of vomited Spaghetti-O’s chased with a glass of saltwater from the dirtiest possible fish tank. The taste here is simply vile. I’m not sure what’s worse - the bile-like flavor, the saltwater flavor or the fish feces flavor. They all combine to form one potent palate of swill to the nth power. The ironic part is if it had actually tasted like Budweiser it would be an improvement of massive exponential powers. I think this is the worst-tasting thing I’ve ever put in my mouth.

Mouthfeel: Saltwater.

Drinkability: Undrinkable.

Overall, the worst "beer" I’ve ever had in my life. Why this is still in production I have no idea, and how people can actually drink it is a mystery. Keep it away from me and no one gets hurt.

0.7
Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - JUN 3, 2017
The appearance was a rough looking burnt orange tomato color with no head or lace. The aroma was toast, burnt tomatoes, salt, cooked lime, burnt hay and skunk. The flavor was salty burnt tomatoes and skunk with some metallic sliding in. Aftertaste was beyond repulsive. The palate was somewhat light bodied with no sessionability about it. Exceptionally distracting all around from off flavors all up in there. Carbonation seemed a bit prickly. ABV did feel fine. Overall, how is this an enjoyable drink, even if I’m supposed to water it down even further with excessive ice?

wlajwl (6948) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - APR 24, 2017
Aroma is tomatoes, salt and mild malts/grains. The flavor is pretty much the same as the aroma. Could only stand a sip, knew it was going to be a mistake.

PugUglyBrewer (742) - - MAR 23, 2017
Haha I love reading reviews in this one. It is a beer that does crazy well in my hometown because of the Hispanic clientele. Although, that really has nothing to do with my interpretation of it, I enjoy every incantation of it. On this scale where rating should be taken seriously does it score well, but in its own right this tomato, pepper, clam juice brew is a Central Valley staple.

1.2
Scopey (15281) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 13, 2016
UPDATED: SEP 14, 2016 A big dirty 24fl oz can from a random liquor store in Houston. It pours bright pink - read with minimal head. The aroma is very savoury, loads of tomato, salty, dull spice and green veg. The taste is sweet - spicy, wishy washy tomato juice, something meaty, salt water, some spice and savoury vibe with a sweet, tangy tomato finish. Light - medium body and fine, prickly. I wanted to like this infamous beer, but it engaged my gag reflex. Pretty rotten stuff.

oldrtybastrd (5003) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 12, 2016
Pours a golden reddish yellow. Aromas of grass, malts, and a touch of briney tomato. Flavor is briney, tomato, cheap lager...but I love me some red beer.

DuffMan (10548) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 26, 2016
Mega-can, part of the Chelada taste-off. Pinkish-red, opaque, short-lived link head, more vibrant than the Modelo, less sero-sanguinous in appearance. Similar briny, spicy, aroma and flavour, but sweeter and less watery (am I seriously saying that about a Budweiser product?). Could be a touch spicier, but I guess that’s why there is a Picante version (which happens to be next on the docket...)

0.6
DCLawyer (2846) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - DEC 31, 2015
Backlog from Brony Bottle Share at Travlr’s. Terrible, awful, no good garbage juice.

ozzy70 (1211) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 23, 2015
25 oz. can from Quicky Mart. Pours pink/orange. Aroma of tomato juice and spices. Taste was watered down tomato juice and sweet.

DrSilverworm (9671) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 17, 2015
25oz can, picked up from a gas station for $3 on the way back from Nepenthia. Enjoyed on the bus, along with some fried chicken. Pours a totally hazy raspberry pink color. No head. "Certified color," what does that mean? Decent tomato juice flavor, I actually kinda like that part (not enough to finish the whole 750ml, though). Pink head, quickly fades to nothing. Nice spiciness, touch of raspberry? Sort of salty. Some of the lime. Mild spicy bite in the finish, bit of a kick. Moderate sweet taste, light bitter, slightly slick texture. Lighter body. Not awful. Beats regular budweiser. 12oz was more than enough, though.

trexibmer (60) - - APR 23, 2015
I doubt this is 5% ABV since it is diluted with copious tomato, clam, and citric acid juices. Maybe 3.5% is more realistic or even a bit less(?) At least Negra Modelo’s version is honest with the ABV when they dilute their chelada concoction into it... The Bud Light version is better since you are not drinking this for alcohol content; you are drinking this because you ’acquired the taste’ of Chelada//Michelada! Straight up against Negra Modelo Chelada is that Modelo appears to have worcestershire in it. Bud Chelada’s are unfiltered clam juice. So take your choice: spicey or briney, both a bit salty, your call; if it is your drink.