overall
n/a
RATINGS: 222   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A smooth, light golden lager with 55 calories and the crisp, clean finish of Budweiser Select. Select 55 is brewed with caramel malts and a blend of imported and domestic hopping. Select 55 has a light golden color and offers aroma notes of toasted malt and subtle hopping.

0.7
dalekliz (922) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 16, 2010
Bottle. My roommate drinks it, so I figured I’d give it a try. Pours a clear pale golden-yellow with a thin bubbly white head that fades. Light aroma, a bit sweet, reminds me of cleaning products. Taste is blah, very watery, with a bit of crisp sweetness and dishsoap. Very fizzy, like carbonated water. No aftertaste. About what you’d expect from a beer that’s almost all water.

Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - JAN 10, 2010
Forgot which jerk brought this to a recent tasting. As pale as it gets, with a light white head. I’m sure you’d develop hyponatremia before you could get a good buzz going. Dam near flavorless. This is all around garbage.

1.2
TLNash886 (228) - Idaho, USA - JAN 7, 2010
Pours slightly dehydrated piss into a mug with instantly dissipating white head. Smells of cheap ingredients: little malt, corn, some breadiness. Typical pale lager metallic corn, but there is some sweetness so it could be worse. Fizzy on the palate with high carbonation, light body. Drinkable but there’s nothing there...

0.8
dwaggs2 (1297) - Jefferson City, Missouri, USA - JAN 5, 2010
Bottle. For some weird reason I wanted to try the myserty behind this new beer, and so I bought some of this. I told myself not to buy it, and I guess you get what you pay for. This beer was horrible. Although I knew it was going into it. I get to add a rating and beer to the tasting. Corn aroma. Some mild skunk flavor, no aftertaste. Nothing I mean its only 55 calories so what can you really do with it. Not worth pouring into a glass, but you can see that its a pee yellow through the clear bottle. Not worth the money. But hey its another rating. Is this beer?

0.7
zdk (1917) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2010
No flavor whatsoever. I suspect they skunk this beer on purpose just so it tastes like something. Blech. Only thing has going for it is that you can pound them back without getting drunk... tho I bet you’d get a hangover anyway just from all the chemicals. Thanks j12601!

SudsMcDuff (8429) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JAN 4, 2010
official rating #1800 . . so why not with the lightest beer in the world!! light skunky hay aromas .. . medium head which disappears quickly .. . very watery, light metallic and water-like flavours..?? .. . has this weird slight fizz .. . i put it in your coat pocket .. . clean finish .. . transparent. .. . I’m not drunk! I just have speech impediment... and a stomach virus... and an inner ear infection.

1.2
j12601 (11988) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - JAN 3, 2010
Bottle that I got from Half Time, I’m guessing in preparation for their launch in NY, and I brought it to a tasting at Paul’s. Skunky, light corn and very sweet smelling. Tastes like water that a beer came by and dipped its balls in. No flavor at all, finishing up the same way. Not undrinkable and not super offensive, but there’s really nothing going on here.

1.3
Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JAN 3, 2010
I don’t know who shared this, but I hate them now. Looks like a dull nasty pisswater, light coppery hay straw with a thinning soda-like head. Aroma is nasty acetaldehyde- green apple skin, rice/corn adjunctiness, pisswater. Crackery dull rice paper flavor with more apple skin and almost as if you can taste some chemical that will give you a hangover- terrible.

0.6
HonkeyBra (4044) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - DEC 21, 2009
Light yellow pour with odd bubbles on the top. Aroma of seltzer? Some flabby corn? Flavor is almost nothing. Just a bit of corn. Very fizzy pour. Finishes a bit like skim milk.

zombywoof (467) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - DEC 20, 2009
Oh sweet Jesus this is bad. Total lack of anything resembling a beer flavor. Makes Michelob Ultra seem like Guiness Stout. Only redeeming factor is the calorie count because it sure ain’t the taste.