overall
n/a
RATINGS: 209   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.17/5   EST. CALORIES: 75   ABV: 2.5%
A smooth, light golden lager with 55 calories and the crisp, clean finish of Budweiser Select. Select 55 is brewed with caramel malts and a blend of imported and domestic hopping. Select 55 has a light golden color and offers aroma notes of toasted malt and subtle hopping.

trexibmer (60) - - AUG 7, 2015
This is pi$$ colored mineral water! Why would you really want to drink this unless water is not available? I’ll just leave it at that...

weihenweizen (4207) - Charleston, West Virginia, USA - JUL 29, 2015
Refrigerated 12 oz. clear bottle. Clear pale, light body, light carbonation, and little lacing. Taste is really light corn malt. Pretty close to water.

BroadestTom (457) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 27, 2015
Aroma malt Appearance golden, clear, white foam, Taste exactly like you would expect. Blah flavored water Palate light body, thin feel, fizzy, Overall you would not suggest something you would not drink and the only reason I’m drinking this beer is because it was left at my house and I figured I would review it. So I would not suggest this beer to a friend

ChadPolenz (1847) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2014
I didn’t think light beer drinkers would want anything lighter than Bud Light, but somehow the major macro breweries have all churned out sub-100 calorie lagers with Budweiser Select 55 being the lightest of them. At only 2.4% ABV it’s sessionable to say the least – but is it enjoyable? No.

I poured a 12oz can into a shaker glass. It was “born on” 7/18/14 and was given to me by my girlfriend’s girlfriend (thanks, Jodi!).

Appearance: Surprisingly dark gold hue, nearly copper. Crystal clear. Highly effervescent at first, but quickly becomes completely flat. Pours to a small, off-white, soda-like fizz that evaporates quickly.

Smell: Essentially the same as Bud Light or any comparable light macro lager, but even milder (and, thankfully, less offensive). Not so much offensive as it is neutral.

Taste: There isn’t much to say about the palette here since there’s so little genuine flavor. It has that classic taste found adjunct light lagers, but is even milder (which I didn’t know was possible until now). I do detect a modicum of sweetest here; something almost reminiscent of hard cider as there’s a slight tartness. Perhaps that apple character is just acetaldehyde – which the AB/InBev brands are notorious for having. In this presentation it actually works to the beer’s advantage since it’s so ridiculously mild overall. Don’t get me wrong, there really isn’t anything to genuinely enjoy here. The palette is offensive in that it’s so overtly bland, at least if it tasted like fizzy yellow beer there would actually be something to taste.

Drinkability: If AB/InBev was smart, they would market Budweiser Select 55 as the ultimate session beer since that’s really what it is at only 2.4% and 55 calories. I could see this being fairly refreshing on a hot summer’s day. The problem is the beer not only has a watered-down taste, but the actual delivery is equally watery. The carbonation dies out quickly, so it’s lacking the classic crisp mouthfeel you expect in a beer of this style.

FestDecBeet (412) - - DEC 7, 2014
Look: pours a light golden color. Very clear. White head. Smell: bananas. Biscuit or cracker. Taste: very light. Cracker taste. Maybe piney hops. Feel: very thin mouth feel. Medium high carbonation. Overall: ok beer. Easy drinker. Would be nice ice cold on a hot day. First drank: home 12/7/14

Holtguy (179) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 7, 2014
No aroma. Taste is light, typical of the Bud line, but a little sweeter than usual, almost fruity. Not much flavor, mind you. No aftertaste. Watery and fizzy. Not horrendous. Low calorie and low alcohol (2.5% abv), so probably has it’s uses. I like it better than Bud Select.

0.6
slowrunner77 (13205) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 18, 2014
no no no! i’m a whore so had to try, but damn this is nasty and pointless, Really.

Rmorris007 (53) - - OCT 1, 2014
Eh, a good beer when I’m on a diet or canoeing on the weekend. Worth a try if you’re looking for something light

1.3
orangesol (1022) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 1, 2014
My buddy offered me a sip of this the other night, I think that was all I will need to review this one...

A - Pours pale straw yellow with a fizzy white half finger tall white head leaving no lacing down the glass.

S - Kinda stale. Very faint hops and lightly toasted malt. How do they get people to drink this stuff? It is terrible.

T - I guess people like drinking stuff that tastes this bad. VERY faint hops and light malt. All you can really taste is how watery it is, and that is not a good thing.

M - Light body and flavor with moderate carbonation. This feels like I am drinking flavored water. Terrible.

D - Not good. How do you make a terrible beer even worse? You make Budweiser Select 55.

rolfc81 (145) - - AUG 30, 2014
Ice cold can at Billy’s. Not bad actually. ..............................................