overall
RATINGS: 876   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
American-style lager that is long brewed for a crisp taste that finishes clean. It contains only 99 calories, 3.1 grams of carbohydrates and 4.3 percent alcohol by volume per 12 oz. serving.

tiggmtl (4545) - East York, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 9, 2005
Strong vegetal aroma. Clear pale colour with thin, white, fully-diminishing head. Plastic flavour is subsumed by vegetable DMS. Very dry. Watery. Low carbonation. Unpleasant in the extreme. Bottle sampled with ClarkVV and muzzlehatch.

1.2
bruno1378 (126) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 9, 2005
I assumed by the name this should have been better than normal Bud - I didn’t realize this was their low carb offering. I could tell however, as soon as I tasted it. Very similar to the other low carb stuff out there ie: Mic Ultra. Doesn’t taste ’bad’ - doesn’t taste ’good’ - doesn’t taste much of anything.

ClarkVV (6642) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 9, 2005
Swill tasting with Tiggmtl and Muzzlehatch. It’s been a while since I’ve had either bud or bud lite, but man, I don’t remember either of those being this bad (though they are pretty awful). This was a fresh six pack I picked up that was kept in a cooler, so I don’t know what the problem is. Oh wait, maybe the problem is that the beer is made poorly, so it dosent matter how it’s kept. Another one of those pale lagers that goes past the point of being bland and actually (highly) offends the palate. Stale cardboard and sickly corn-syrup with tons of stinging carbonation. Extremely light yellowish-clear body with little to no head. Aroma of corn syrup and cereal grains. Just a huge pervasive stale apples and papery, dirty cardboard. Possibly a recreation of World Select, but I don’t even remember that being as bad as this is.

00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - MAR 8, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2009 Is this a bud light light?? Taste like club soda. Looks like any american lager on the market. Thank God my buddy will buy fu fu mess like this so i dont have to waste my money on it.

kyzr (1530) - Montana, USA - MAR 7, 2005
Looks and taste like bud light. A little richer flavor than ultra. Not what I want in a beer.

1.4
screigh (737) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 5, 2005
Just saw this at the store on sale cheap and I just had to try it. Suprised it actually poured a small head tjhat stuck around. There is no smell at all except blandness. The color is typical macro gold. It tastes like that got some left over Mich Ultra and put it in a Select bottle. I am not a fan of AB products and sadly this has not changed my opinion.

1.3
dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - MAR 5, 2005
not sure if this is better than bud lite, more of a bud taste, if that is good, metal after taste.

Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - MAR 5, 2005
Bottle. Thin straw colored body with a loose film of bubbles for a head. Smells like sewage. There are the usual Bud flavors-cardboard, clay, some light citrus. There is a very noticable metallic aftertaste that is killing me. It tastes like blood. This lies somewher in between Bud and Bud light. It is bland crap, but with the metal flavor, it is bland crap that tastes as if the secret ingredient in it is tin foil. Sadly, I have had worse.

0.8
Reid (2527) - Salem, Oregon, USA - MAR 5, 2005
Ok new beer from the "Evil Empire"..lets see .. Appearance ..well the usual urine colour of someone slightly dehydrated from a night on the town...no head..just spittle like lace. Smell..of rice pudding not beer. Taste? tastes like seltzer water ,with rice and cardboard. mouthfeel is miserable..limp and rotten finishes with a wimper. No waywould I buy more of this..usual low carb crap. Doesnt A-B know the low carb frenzy is almost over. I dont see the point in this beer they alreadyhave the abysmal Mich.Ultra..drank everywere by obese idiots with their plate of grease.

aspidites (1272) - manteca, California, USA - MAR 4, 2005
no taste no nose no character no anything. water is more complex and tastes better.