overall
RATINGS: 827   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.41/5   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
American-style lager that is long brewed for a crisp taste that finishes clean. It contains only 99 calories, 3.1 grams of carbohydrates and 4.3 percent alcohol by volume per 12 oz. serving.

aspidites (1271) - manteca, California, USA - MAR 4, 2005
no taste no nose no character no anything. water is more complex and tastes better.

ClarkVV (6893) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 9, 2005
Swill tasting with Tiggmtl and Muzzlehatch. It’s been a while since I’ve had either bud or bud lite, but man, I don’t remember either of those being this bad (though they are pretty awful). This was a fresh six pack I picked up that was kept in a cooler, so I don’t know what the problem is. Oh wait, maybe the problem is that the beer is made poorly, so it dosent matter how it’s kept. Another one of those pale lagers that goes past the point of being bland and actually (highly) offends the palate. Stale cardboard and sickly corn-syrup with tons of stinging carbonation. Extremely light yellowish-clear body with little to no head. Aroma of corn syrup and cereal grains. Just a huge pervasive stale apples and papery, dirty cardboard. Possibly a recreation of World Select, but I don’t even remember that being as bad as this is.

tiggmtl (4543) - East York, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 9, 2005
Strong vegetal aroma. Clear pale colour with thin, white, fully-diminishing head. Plastic flavour is subsumed by vegetable DMS. Very dry. Watery. Low carbonation. Unpleasant in the extreme. Bottle sampled with ClarkVV and muzzlehatch.

muzzlehatch (4969) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 10, 2005
12 oz bottle, Sultans of Swill tasting with tiggmtl and ClarkVV 5. We took the challenge: to drink, to describe, to rate the very worst beers in the world. We did not limit our search to just America, home of PBR and Natty Light...no, we searched far and wide, looked high and low, from the North country of Ontario to the beaches of Antigua. But in the end, after cascades of foul cardboard, aluminum, asparagus and chemicals, it was there in our own back yard: yes, though I for one did not believe it, good ol’ American A-B came through for us and delivered this, the crowning glory of their empire, a beverage so plasticine, so artificial, so cottony and redolent of the cheapest microwaved vegetables, that it not only one our tasting, but it won my heart. This, I proclaim, sets the new standard...the Worst of the Worst, King of Swill, the most Offensive Beer in the World! Congratulations, now where’s the toilet?

zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - MAR 15, 2005
What in the hell is this crap? "Select"? Is friggin’ light beer in disguise! They fool you into thinking that this might be a "premium" AB beer, but no... It’s Bud’s version of Mich Ultra. Crap! Can you believe that Budweiser "Select" is getting worse ratings than regular Bud? I can. Try it and you’ll believe. Who are these clowns at AB? The place must be run by fizzy-beer-swiggin’-yuppies or something.

bipolar1 (268) - Hancock, Michigan, USA - MAR 30, 2005
Similar to O’Doul’s in potency. A soapy soft-drink style fizz, sort of like a seltzer water. It really brought out the aluminum flavor of the can. You have to really dig to find any flavor. I think it has a sourness...I suppose if you let it sit in your mouth long enough, your saliva would break down the rice enough to make it sweeter.

BeerBlockaid (683) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - APR 13, 2005
Won’t you take me too......Skunky town....Won’t you take me too.....skunky town.

Hopistotle420 (1177) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - APR 19, 2005
Bottled 12Feb05: Clear golden urine colour, with a fluffy sticky white head. Aroma of dirty toilet water, vegetables, corny syrup, papery wet cardboard. Thank goodness I wasnt expecting anything nice here, because this doesnt taste like anything, except for cardboard, and wet paper, and diapers. People swear by this stuff at the store I work at...I just want to swear at it. This is quite terrible and lacking in every department, except for sucking. Thanks AB for another beer for me to flush down the toilet.

hair-old (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 25, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2005 i got a bottle free from my neighbor
i took one sip and then told him
i had to go inside for more smokes.
i promptly poured it in the toilet where it belonged,grabed a funnel and filled it
with pilsner urquell so as not to offend
him and went back outside.

Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - APR 26, 2005
12 oz bottle. Just remembered I had this about 2 weeks ago.
It was WATER. There was absolutely nothing to it. The person who handed the bottle to me said "this has no taste"
and they were right. Abysmal.

Anheuser Select sucks also.