overall
RATINGS: 3599   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.47/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed and sold since 1876, "The King of Beers" is the largest-selling beer in the world. Budweiser has been the world’s best-selling beer since 1957, and is distributed in more than 70 countries. Budweiser leads the U.S. Premium beer category, outselling all other domestic premium beers combined. In fact, one in almost every five beers sold in the United States today is a Budweiser.
"We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price."
"Brewed with 100% natural ingredients. We use only the finest hops, barley malt, rice, yeast and water. We craft and age Budweiser using time-honoured brewing methods."

AcctError7833 (155) - mooresville, Indiana, USA - JUL 14, 2003
In all honesty this beer is not worth a shit. I am a cheap bastard! Having said that, I have no problems paying a bit extra for a good product. Bud is simply overpriced beer because the Bud marketing team causes it to be. I think every jerk out there that only drinks Bud or Bud Light should do a blind taste test with other cheaper American piss-water beers, they would probably find a new favorite. It seems to me that lots of Bud loyalists are programmed, uninformed consumers that are afraid of branching out and trying something new. I will not say Bud is horrible but I think there is much better product for the money you will spend.

minguimore (17) - SPAIN - JUL 13, 2003
The King of BAD beers. It is almost tasteless and too carbonated. I can imagine people around the world ordering it and saying "WASSUUUP" as a bad joke. What´s going on here? Do they try to be more American or something?

GottaBeIceCold (5) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - JUL 12, 2003 does not count
Great with a bowl of Peel and Eat shrimp. I have always fpund that you can't go wrong with an original such as this. This beer is best straight from a can or perhaps from a can to a frosty mug.

changxao (104) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 11, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2005 Re-rate: I can’t understand how this is the most popular beer in the U.S. That corn/rice mixture ain’t workin’ for ’em. That being said, it’s better than most cheap beers out there.

1.3
NectarFarm (128) - Calgary, CANADA - JUL 11, 2003
water with a disgusting and somehow bland corn rankness, yeehaw only worth rating when my rating dont count

alimcb (23) - ENGLAND - JUL 11, 2003
Actually, I disagree with most of the reviewers. In a blindfold test, I am sure Bud would one of the easiest of the common UK draught lagers to identify. However, "kind of beers" it most certainly is not, and it sickens me to see people in UK pubs ordering pints of Bud thinking it is something special when it's not! I've never even tried genuine USA Bud, because the stuff in the UK is brewed here and can't possibly be the same as the genuine article.

1.2
Rastacouere (6177) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 10, 2003
Pretty much an attitude beer people drink cause it doesnt taste much and goes down well (okay okay, just to follow the trend). The wheat nose was the most interesting part for me. Water texture in mouth, no aftertaste to speak of. I heard it was pretty expensive in Northern Europe like a luxury imported beer, made me laugh (read cry)

1.2
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - JUL 10, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2003 This beer is not made from "choice" anything. If I was trailer trash this beer would be my god, but I'm not.

Shagnasty (130) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 10, 2003
No color, no head, no taste. Good when cold to quench thirst, a decent aftertaste actually, consisting of pine wood and hops, but it later gave me a headache after only one.

1.4
PeterHollander (20) - Hengelo, NETHERLANDS - JUL 6, 2003
Bottle. If this is the King of beers, lets have a revolution. When served chilled its refreshing. When tasted at higher temperature there is almost nothing there.Watery