RATINGS: 886   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Since its inception in 1985, America’s Original Pumpkin Ale has become a Fall tradition. Much of Buffalo Bill’s acclaim originates from this beloved autumn brew. Made with real pumpkin and spices, it has a golden amber color, and the sweet aroma of warm pumpkin pie, 6% ABV.

brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Since this is the only pumpkin beer I have experienced, my rating might be a little inflated. From a novelty perspective I was really interested in the notion of a pumpkin ale. Who doesn’t like a good slice of pumpkin pie? I know I do. And this beer delivers. Nutmeg and pumpkin aroma greet you when opened. However, it didn’t pour as nicely as I would have liked. Appeared kind of watery orange and the foamy white head didn’t last long at all. Flavor is the real star here, and pumpkin and spices ruled my mouth. I really enjoyed this brew and would like to try other pumpkin infused beers.

KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2004
A spicy little number, I bought this one because, well, ’pumpkin’ in the title intrigued me. It’s not bad. Worth another try.

TJackHole (83) - Alabama, USA - JUN 18, 2004
very orange befitting of a pumpkin ale, entirely to spicy with overpowering nutmeg taste.

grat (432) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 15, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 13, 2004 Brew is a nice dark fall orange color. Full of carbonation and little head. Smells of nutmeg, allspice, pumpkins, cinnamon and cloves. No hop presence. Flavor is all of these wrapped up in a bitter dryness that I guess is from the melding of the hops and the spices. The aftertaste is very chemically and unnapealing, almost like sucking on a sheet of paper. Good I guess for while the kids are trick or treating or as a party novelty. grat

BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - MAY 19, 2004
Smells just like pumpkin pie. Lots of spice and pumpkin flavor, which becomes overwhelming before the bottle is gone. I have one at Thanksgiving, then wonder why I had it.

auto (163) - California, USA - MAR 22, 2004
sweet pumpkin (kind of)and cinnamon flavor which was fairly bland. head depleted quickly, orange color.

bitter (1136) - Henderson, Nevada, USA - MAR 11, 2004
in the bottle and on tap at buffalo bills: i dont think any actual brewing goes on at the east bay resturaunt but its brewed somewhere in the bay area. this was kinda the original pumkin beer that has had a strong following and shelf presense in the past 10 yrs. i used to thoroughly enjoy it and would always run out and buy it when it became available. many others have come out since usually at brewpubs. your typical spicy clove, nutmeg, orange taste not alot of true pumpkin coming through. maybe the recipe has changed in the last few years but not as good as i remember. every year ive been home brewing a pumpkin beer that, if can say, kills this beer and yes, i actually use real pumkin. if you havent tried pumpkin beer buy 'one' not a six pack, you wont want to drink 6 of these.

BendBeerRater (5) - USA - FEB 7, 2004 does not count
Good pumpkin taste, but the beer is too thin for a fall/winter seasonal. I would prefer the pumpkin taste in a heaver beer.

hershiser2 (3242) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 1, 2004
Hazy orange-amber in color, small head. Looks nice. Smells like fresh pumpkin pie- and I happen to love pumpkin pie. Lots of spices in there. A nice, but a bit plain flavor. The taste is much weaker than the scent.

DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2004
Oh dear god...save me from this horrible rhapsody of Pumpkinness... orangey pour out of the bottle.. wait.. lemme act surprised. little to no head..disappeared fairly quickly.. the aroma is of pumpkin and i swear..ginger?? Flavor-wise.. i like myself a piece of pumpkin pie..but in liquid form, this is just horrid. Dry and sweet aftertaste... i just can dig the sweet taste mixing with the dryness...sort of making me cringe...please.. go away now!