RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Since its inception in 1985, America’s Original Pumpkin Ale has become a Fall tradition. Much of Buffalo Bill’s acclaim originates from this beloved autumn brew. Made with real pumpkin and spices, it has a golden amber color, and the sweet aroma of warm pumpkin pie, 6% ABV.

PorterPounder (8360) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 4, 2004
Dark orange pour with a quickly fading white head, not much lacing. Delicious spicy aroma - pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg perhaps. Same spiciness carries over to the flavor with a little bit of cloves in there as well. Mouthfeel is a tad thin and the spicy flavor fades near the end. Still not a bad novelty beer though.

heemer77 (5361) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - SEP 2, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 17, 2005 Rerated a couple months later. This is unbalanced with a dirt tasting finish that covers up any pumpkin or nutmeg. Not a pleasure to partake. Nice dark golden coloring with a very small head. Aroma of nutmeg, pumpkin and maybe leaves of fall or am I imagining that? The taste has some pupmkin with a nutmeg finish. Fairly light and refreshing. Interesting, but nothing special.

EnderKiller (26) - Athens, Ohio, USA - SEP 1, 2004
Smells of pumpkin, spices, rubber and vomit...seriously. Tiny, fizzy head with bubbles filling the glass. Rich, amber color and, at first taste, not so bad. Full, spicy flavor...can definitely taste the pumpkin and pices but the aftertaste is RANK! Like "chewing on a pen" said one friend. Glad I tried it, but ewwwww. Not again.

jtw (1170) - farmington, Michigan, USA - AUG 23, 2004
a cool gimmick beer. aroma is pumpkin pie spices, mostly cinnamon. very little bitterness, some malt. very non-bitter but not quite sweet like pumpkin pie. plenty of nutmeg is there too. good experiment....excellent fall beer i think.

brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - AUG 5, 2004
Since this is the only pumpkin beer I have experienced, my rating might be a little inflated. From a novelty perspective I was really interested in the notion of a pumpkin ale. Who doesn’t like a good slice of pumpkin pie? I know I do. And this beer delivers. Nutmeg and pumpkin aroma greet you when opened. However, it didn’t pour as nicely as I would have liked. Appeared kind of watery orange and the foamy white head didn’t last long at all. Flavor is the real star here, and pumpkin and spices ruled my mouth. I really enjoyed this brew and would like to try other pumpkin infused beers.

KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2004
A spicy little number, I bought this one because, well, ’pumpkin’ in the title intrigued me. It’s not bad. Worth another try.

TJackHole (83) - Alabama, USA - JUN 18, 2004
very orange befitting of a pumpkin ale, entirely to spicy with overpowering nutmeg taste.

grat (432) - ST. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 15, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 13, 2004 Brew is a nice dark fall orange color. Full of carbonation and little head. Smells of nutmeg, allspice, pumpkins, cinnamon and cloves. No hop presence. Flavor is all of these wrapped up in a bitter dryness that I guess is from the melding of the hops and the spices. The aftertaste is very chemically and unnapealing, almost like sucking on a sheet of paper. Good I guess for while the kids are trick or treating or as a party novelty. grat

BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - MAY 19, 2004
Smells just like pumpkin pie. Lots of spice and pumpkin flavor, which becomes overwhelming before the bottle is gone. I have one at Thanksgiving, then wonder why I had it.

auto (163) - California, USA - MAR 22, 2004
sweet pumpkin (kind of)and cinnamon flavor which was fairly bland. head depleted quickly, orange color.