RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Since its inception in 1985, America’s Original Pumpkin Ale has become a Fall tradition. Much of Buffalo Bill’s acclaim originates from this beloved autumn brew. Made with real pumpkin and spices, it has a golden amber color, and the sweet aroma of warm pumpkin pie, 6% ABV.

DougShoemaker (3146) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 7, 2003
Allspice, cloves, nutmeg aromas, (taste will tell the tale.) Orangey, dare I say it? pumpkin coloured, custard head. Mild pumpkin pie taste,has a somewhat bitter aftertaste. Creamy, chewy, full bodied. Pumpkin pie in a bottle!

Sully (1380) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 4, 2003
Sorry guys, but I have to say "Only in America". Geez, what's our equivalent? Macadamia Nut or Prickly Pear beer (please note the absence of the ridiculous reference to Koala Bear or Kangaroo beer as there is no such thing as Turkey or Buffalo beer either). Anyway, beer should be beer right? No pumpkin, no mashed potato in gravy, no corn chowder or no grits and beans. Add this to some soup stock and you have dinner.

MilkmanDan (1942) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - APR 10, 2003
Bought around Halloween during a "buy anything that's new" phase. To be honest, I don't particularly care for pumpkin. I mean, it has its applications, as my wife's fresh-baked tasty pumpkin bread sitting on the counter attests. That being said, I prefer not to have my wife's pumpking bread in liquid form. Orange-gold, thin sticky head. Nose is expectedly amazingly pumpking with loads of nutmeg. I swear every brewery on Halloween just shoves pumpkin pie in a mash tin to get this effect. Anyways, sweet malts in the flavor are significantly enhanced by the pumpkin flavor, making this just far too pumpkin-esque. Can't really even notice the palate, just too much pumpkin. Hopefully this will be a lesson that I need to stop buying pumpkin beers.

BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 13, 2003
Great idea. A very spicy beer but quite nice and tasty. Flavour is great but kind of wears on the taste buds after half a bottle. I will drink this again in October.

WabashMan (1024) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - FEB 11, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 14, 2003 A nice, cloudy copper color and white head start this brew. Aroma seems to have more spice than in previous years, and is nice. Flavor is very crisp and has a very nice punkin' pie finish. Cinnamon is also very apparent in the finish. Overall, part of me really likes this beer, while part of me does not. The nose and finish are great, but the flavor is rather thin in between. As this is a spiced amber ale, I wonder if a better approach would be to utilize a more bold style, such as a pale of some sort which would give, ideally, a stronger body to the beer and still allow that great pumpkin/cinnamon finish!

Blake (398) - Orange, California, USA - FEB 10, 2003
An interesting pumpkin flavored ale, this beer pours with an orangish color and a tan head. The aroma is very strong pumpkin - probably the best part about the beer. The taste has an obvious pumpkin flavor with hints of spices and hops. If you want pumpkin pie in a beer bottle, you may like this one, but while unique, it just didn't do it for me.

GreatSatanUSA (107) - Austin, Texas, USA - JAN 28, 2003
Palatable ale with strong pumpkin and spice flavors to it. I liked it, may not be for everybody.

rodolito (163) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Imbibed in October 2002. An aroma of pumpkin pie spices. A clear light amber color with a whitish tan head. Flavor consists of pumpkin, spices, and some hoppiness. I enjoyed it but I think the pumpkin style could be improved. Less spice flavor and some maltiness would improve it in my opinion.

TheBelgian (24) - USA - JAN 12, 2003
I did not enjoy this one. Kind of skunky. It indeed had that cinnamon-pumpkin flavor, but it's not really my style.

JasonG (776) - Salt Lake City, Utah, USA - JAN 9, 2003
Color really is a pumpkinish orange/red. Smells exactly like pumpkin pie, with a touch of sweetness and cloves. Medium sized, quickly dissipating head. Pumpkin is much less present in the flavor than the aroma, but still noticable. Smooth finish. Besides the pumpkin notes, the flavor doesn't have much going on. I have to admit being biased against this beer from the beginning, the idea of pumpkin and beer just didn't seem to go together. This beer is better than I expected, but the flavor combo still doesn't work. Wouldn't have it again.