RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Since its inception in 1985, America’s Original Pumpkin Ale has become a Fall tradition. Much of Buffalo Bill’s acclaim originates from this beloved autumn brew. Made with real pumpkin and spices, it has a golden amber color, and the sweet aroma of warm pumpkin pie, 6% ABV.

Drew (2470) - Kent, Ohio, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Medium thick, deep gold. Lots of spice in this punkin pie - from start to the long finish. tasty.

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Dark gold to copper color, large bubbles around the edge. Very spicy aroma and taste (nutmeg and cinnamom maybe?) Spice sticks around through the lingering finish.

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - OCT 25, 2002
Yummy nutmeg goodness! Brownish-orange color, sweet spicey aroma. What a great fall beer!

Dogbrick (14326) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - OCT 21, 2002
The strong aroma of pumpkin and ginger was really promising on this one, but the flavor really didn't deliver. With a little more pumkpin flavor and a little less carbonation I think it would have been a "must-buy" every year around Halloween. As it stands though it was like a lot of fruit beers I have tried where the bark was better than the bite. I am going to try to hunt down a Pumpkin Stout!

jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2002
This beer is interesting to say the least. It is something that I have never tried or tasted before. It is like a pumpkin pie in liquid form. Maybe if they added vanilla to it, it might taste better. Just a thought though because I don't like pumpkin pie without vanilla ice-cream.

drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - OCT 19, 2002
Bazarre. I laughed when I first took a whiff of this beer. Overwhelming perfume of nutmeg and cinnamon. Tastes like spicy pumpkin pie with a hint of barley malt. Mouthfeel was a bit on the spicy side as well, I don't think a pumpkin ale can really stand alone without an excellent malty warmth to back up the strong addition of nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, etc.

foduck (330) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 15, 2002
Relies too much on spices for flavor without much else going on. Like others said, the smell is great, but the flavor is awful. I almost couldn't finish this. I think this would work better with a higher gravity, sweeter brew instead of a pale ale.

Andrew196 (2040) - Katy, Texas, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Not bad....it's one of those beers that you really need to be in the mood for though. Tasted just like pumpkin pie...tone down the spices a bit though.

loweredsixth (946) - Clovis, California, USA - OCT 9, 2002
This beer isn't messing around with the flavor. When they say 'pumpkin' they mean pumpkin! While I enjoy the boldness of really goin' for it, the combination of flavors really didn't work. I found myself wishing this was not a beer, because the hops bitterness really got in the way of the pumpkin pie flavors. Maybe the brewers got so excited about making this thing taste like pumpkin pie that they forgot that it was still a beer. Maybe this would have worked with a nice scottish ale recipe instead.

flutetokill (523) - Fresno, California, USA - OCT 9, 2002
Strong pumpkin pie aroma: pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Nice copper or 'pumpkin' color, and interesting flavor. Strong nutmeg (very spicey), cinnamon, and pumpkin flavors with a fairly strong hops taste. The strong hops kind of ruined it for me. When I smelled this, I expected more of a malty sweet taste to compliment the other flavors.