RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Since its inception in 1985, America’s Original Pumpkin Ale has become a Fall tradition. Much of Buffalo Bill’s acclaim originates from this beloved autumn brew. Made with real pumpkin and spices, it has a golden amber color, and the sweet aroma of warm pumpkin pie, 6% ABV.

iron_maiden (18) - Newnan, Georgia, USA - SEP 30, 2012
Don’t let this one fool you...It is excellent ! Smells like liquid pumpkin pie. Taste like cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, pie crust and pumpkin. Better than most of the half assed attempts at a pumpkin beer, i have sampled quite a few over the years and this one is on my top 10 list. Southern Tier Pumking, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Heavy Seas The Great Pumpkn, Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin, Terrapin Pumpkinfest, Sam Adams Fat Jack Imperial Pumpkin, Lakefront Pumpkin Lager, Buffalo Bills America’s Original Pumpkin Ale, Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale, Post Road Pumpkin Ale...Theses are my favorites..you be the judge

bubbahollywood (3) - USA - DEC 29, 2003 does not count
Nice spicy aroma and a lovely golden autumn color. Taste like a pumpkin pie flavored beer. I normally don't like flavored beers, but the pumpkin spice flavors blend well with the beer. Not much head on this beer but it taste great.

fmbrewing (12) - Dodgeville, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 1, 2006
this is one of my favorite pumpkin ales. With a smooth, sweet taste and spicy but soft smell, I can’t get enough.

enotheque (25) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 5, 2010
Wonderful pumpkin ale that actually has balance pumpkin spice flavors and bitter ale elements. This is one of the better pumpkin ales I’ve had, right up there with DogFish Head.

jbelkin (5) - USA - MAR 27, 2007 does not count
It’s funny how when I see it in the stores, it just starts to feel like autumn and when I crack it open, it immediately makes it autumn and takes me back to my college days. I hope my wife doesn’t read this review but you know how something just evokes a thousand memories - of crossing the San Mateo bridge in my old top down Jeep to see my girlfriend at CSU Hayward (oh, sorry - CSU East Bay now). I can taste the salt air from the marshes and then picking up at her place behind the school, nestled in woods like it’s Truckee or something. While Hayward was all 1960’s strip mall falling apart, there was that one cozy place - Buffalo Bill’s - great fresh beer of every kind - stout, pale ale but pumpkin was always worth waiting for. It was like if we could down a few more, we could hold off winter - and then of course, we moved on - she got a great job offer back East and then Germany - she still emails me asking if I still go to Buffalo Bill’s - I do but don’t hate me, I never take the wife, I just go with my buddies and pumpkin ale takes me back - they got a great clean tasting and unique flavor down - I’ve tried others but it’s no pumpkin ale from Buffalo Bill’s.

Murph06 (121) - Illinois, USA - JAN 4, 2002
This IS a pumpkin ale. The only thing I found abit lacking was pumpkin flavor---but I LOVE the pie. Spices are perfect. A great fall brew!

TheBeerLover (1027) - DC Metro Area, USA - JAN 27, 2006
Pumpkin Ale pours to a bright, slightly murky orange color, with a white head that fades, and a moderate amount of carbonation. The nose on this beer is fantastic, with aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and "gordy" pumpkin aroma. The palate is firm, with good flavors of pale malt, paired with squashy, pumpkin flavors. Pumpkin Ale finishes with more malty and pumpkin flavors, then ends with a very pleasing, slightly sweet, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove finish, that lingers on the tongue. This is an outstanding pumpkin ale. It might have changed breweries again, but it has always remained a very tasty beer, that features both "gordy"/squashy pumpkin flavors, along with the traditional pumpkin pie in a glass/spice flavors. In that regard, Pumpkin Ale has been a constant, and brings back fond memories to this beer lover. This beer is a fantastic desert beer, that can be matched with a slice of pumpkin pie and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you see this beer in your market, seek it out, you can’t miss it in bottles. It has a very distinctive black label, with a bright orange pumpkin growing out of a leafy patch. This beer is a Fall seasonal release but it usually hangs around to just around this time of year, and usually goes on sale, making a nice beer to enjoy in the winter as well.

jerseyjohn71 (308) - Corsicana, Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2012
i love to put some in the freezer for 20+ min and get-em slushy, i can not find them in TX, but they may be here,

Bov (13354) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - DEC 4, 2000
honey colour, cinnamon and fine pumpkin aroma, spicy - very pleasant........

khayman70 (153) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - NOV 3, 2002
A very nice spiced ale. I have had both this and New Holland's Ichabod and prefer this. The flavors blended nicely and this beer goes extremely well with cake donuts. I look forward to this beer every fall.