RATINGS: 865   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Since its inception in 1985, America’s Original Pumpkin Ale has become a Fall tradition. Much of Buffalo Bill’s acclaim originates from this beloved autumn brew. Made with real pumpkin and spices, it has a golden amber color, and the sweet aroma of warm pumpkin pie, 6% ABV.

ARMed (625) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 30, 2008
Spicy nutmeg tasting. Very similar to pumpkin pie. Overall the appearance was disappointing. No head and a soda like carbonation. Very generic with no body. Fair at best

jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2002
This beer is interesting to say the least. It is something that I have never tried or tasted before. It is like a pumpkin pie in liquid form. Maybe if they added vanilla to it, it might taste better. Just a thought though because I don't like pumpkin pie without vanilla ice-cream.

baobubba (455) - Starkville, Mississippi, USA - NOV 26, 2002
The aroma of this beer was very appealing - nutmeg and ginger(?), kind of spicy. But that is where it all ends with this beer. It seemed over carbonated and watery. It was similar in flavor to a not-so-sweet ginger ale.

thehoff (598) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 2, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2004 Cannot compare to Olde Peninsula's Pumpkin Ale. Great bouquet but has a tendency to taste like flavored soda water toward the end of the beer. The finish is smooth but leaves a taste of spices in your mouth for hours. Re-rate, the more I have the more I disclike it. Too bad I bought a six pack. Re-rate: I cannot finish the six pack and must lower the rating. The aroma and appearance are great so I really can't lower them but overall the beer is just too much. Fizzy flavored water. Blah.

DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2004
Oh dear god...save me from this horrible rhapsody of Pumpkinness... orangey pour out of the bottle.. wait.. lemme act surprised. little to no head..disappeared fairly quickly.. the aroma is of pumpkin and i swear..ginger?? Flavor-wise.. i like myself a piece of pumpkin pie..but in liquid form, this is just horrid. Dry and sweet aftertaste... i just can dig the sweet taste mixing with the dryness...sort of making me cringe...please.. go away now!

biz82 (1327) - austin, Texas, USA - SEP 15, 2004
Bottle. Pumpkin pie spice aroma. Slightly acrid with a hint of biscuit. Pours a bit hazy with a orange color and no head to speak of. One dimensional flavor of spice with little pumpkin.Decent body. Slight bitter finish. Dissapointing as the originator of the style.

mephisto (1294) - TAIWAN - OCT 14, 2005
em, first time i try a holloween ale. golden orange w/ off-white head. mild aroma of cinnamon. light bodied.

ELPADRINO (70) - The Woodlands, Texas, USA - NOV 1, 2005
Pours a light amber with 1/4 inch head. Head quickly disperses. Aroma is pumpkin, nutmeg, allspice, and toothpaste... yes, toothpaste. Taste is heavy on the pumpkin and nutmeg. Aftertaste mixes pumpkin and hops. Body is watery, but with the heavy pumpkin taste, I don’t think I could handle a full bodied version. Overall, this beer isn’t for me. I wanted to try this seasonal brew for a different taste experience, and that’s exactly what I got. Unfortunately, this is the first beer I’ve tasted in a long time that I really haven’t liked at all. The beer itself isn’t brewed poorly; my personal preference is just in a different direction. It’s always fun to try something new, though!

starfireming (309) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - SEP 21, 2006
Rich deep chestnut colour, very spicy aroma. No head. Flavour is nearly all spice. Probably best for cooking.

henry3r (586) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - DEC 20, 2006
The 12 ounce bottle poured a slightly hazy perfectly amber beverage with an average sized frothy white head that was completely diminishing and left no lacing on the glass. The aromas were pleasant and appropriate for the holiday season with cinnamon, clove and a hint of pumpkin spice. The body was medium to light with fizzy carbonation and a watery texture. The flavor had an odd chemical taste to it ... a bit unpleasant in my opinion. It starts out slightly sweet and finishes slightly bitter. The finish is medium and has a bit of an astringent quality to it.