Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.35/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Ready just in time for St. Patrick's day our Irish Red Ale ha s aburnished copper color and a malty, caramel-like aroma and flavor that comes from a blend of five malted barleys. Subtly hopped and nitrogenated, this ale looks like fresh cream in the glass until it slowly settles revealing a rich and creamy long-lasting head.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Nate (4279) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 28, 2005
From growler. Light sweet caramel sweetness, some sugar and mild fruity hops. Clean milky notes. Dark golden amber clear with thin off-white lacing head. Medium watery body with medium-heavy carbonation. Starts semi-dry, with light carbonic acidity. Mild malt sweetness throughout and dry hoppy bitterness. Some astringent after with tangy sweetness.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Probiere (992) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 8, 2004
This was disgusting like a Werther's original....diacetyl BAD. Not an infection but a serious brewing mistake and one that I'm rating to warn others to stay away! I was afraid I might not be able to identify this flaw if I ever encountered it, but good Lord, I know what it tastes like now. Oh, and another slam for the nitro tap! Bah humbug!