overall
Formerly brewed at Bürgerbräu Wolnzach
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Wolnzach, Germany

RATINGS: 58   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%

wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - APR 14, 2005
Sampled in a half liter bottle. Pours a mahagonny gold color with a lot of carbonation. The carbonation was a little overdone for my taste. Smelled like malts, apple and citrus. The citrus is also present in the taste. It outdoes the maltiness that I would expect from an Oktoberfest. This was pretty good, but not my favorite style.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 12, 2003
Nice rocky head. Good aroma, hazy golden color. Very drinkable. Not too sweet, not too bitter.

raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - MAR 17, 2003
Slightly hazy oarnge with a frothy,rocky,white,head. Aroma is boisterous Hallertauer hops,and juciy,enticing,malts. Body is luscious with some thickness. Very clean tasting.Bready,sweet malt flavors linger and lead to a wonderful dry/semi-sweet finish.Excellent all around,balance and the flavors lasted.The best thing about it was,it came in a pint.

happy4hops (376) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - OCT 4, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2004 Pretty good but #1? I like that it is bottle conditioned(but the yeast is like runny spider web snot)Aroma was more to the german hop aroma of a regular pils but the taste was decent(I thought Ayinger was a bit better)The mouthfeel was so smooth and oily.Not one I'd want more than 1 or 2 of.I didn't think it was all that hoppy but did have some dryness in the finish.This years is sour and bunk>refund

iam (369) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 19, 2003
Pours a hazy dark orange colour with a thin head. Very light malt aroma and taste. Nice hop bitterness to finish

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - DEC 27, 2002
First of all, let me thank PsychProf for suggesting this beer to me while at the beer store. What a nice ’Fest beer! The aroma is that of malt and is sugar sweet (a good sweet). Taste is a malt explosion. Banana, citrus, spices and who knows all what is in the taste of this beer. Delicious. The finish begs you to take another drink. I’ll be buying this again. Soon.

khayman70 (153) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 20, 2002
This was a tad lighter than I expected, but it was excellent none the less. Sweet start with a nice dry finish. Very crisp and clean. I loved it with the Swiss chocolate that I had. Delightful.

slushy (28) - Niagara Falls, New York, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Hazy amber color with a white head. Malty sweetness nose and mouth. Some hop oomph here and there. Pretty good O-fest.