overall
Brewed by Martens
Style: Pilsener
Bocholt, Belgium

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 2.73/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Previously brewed at Darguner in Germany.

BlackBeerPG (679) - Darien, Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2017
Taste: crisp, fermented grain, yeast. Bread nose. Gold color, clear for the most part, with a foamy white head and ringed lattice. Medium body, average for a Pils.

Headbanger (3999) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAR 7, 2017
16oz can 3/7/17 (Binny’s Montgomery)-38° in footed Pilsner. Pours a clear golden with a small white head. Aroma of sweetness and grains. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew is not bad.

damzz (501) - Massachusetts, USA - MAR 2, 2017
Pours clear medium with white head that leaves lacing. Nose is faint cereal. Body is medium light. Taste is light pilsner malt with no hop bitterness. 500 ml can with L 266 11:39 code

JPDIPSO (6223) - Wauwatosa, USA - AUG 21, 2016
Light straw color with a very tall, tight bubbled white head. Chalky, floury malt scents. Hints of grassy to floral hops. Lightly sweet. Mild bitterness. A light lager with some pilsner tendencies. 3/11

Frank (4195) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2016
This stuff is a solid okay. Nothing wrong w/ it and no off flavors but not really flavorful. It does have a nice perfumy hop character and interesting creamy texture but beyond that it strikes me as a little bit bland. Not the worst thing in the world, I must admit. I wouldn’t complain about knocking a few of these back in whatever country it’s being made in currently.

DrnkMcDermott (3101) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - OCT 10, 2015
After picking this up, along with some Baltic skunk juice, from an ethnic grocer that’s going out of business, I find that in over 3 years, I’ve only had one new rating from Germany. So this is worth something, especially as it ticks off one more German state for me. For a brewer in the former East Germany, they’re kind of far away to be slapping the word "Belgium" all over their can. Does anyone else think this has a Belgian character or just a neighborhood cheap German beer? Well, this does pour a decent pils smell, and the beer is a clean, golden color under a spongy head that’s leaving some lace behind. Gotta say the taste is not bad, just not noticeable. Yes, it does start to leave a sugary taste on my mouth past the middle of the .5 L can, and the alcohol does start to hit a little hard. For a cheap beer that’s usually found among the Baltic swill, I would have not trouble setting out a bucket of these at a gathering.

drdisque (840) - Illinois, USA - SEP 18, 2015
500 ml can from Polish deli near my house. Pours plain clear amber. Aroma is slightly ricey and sweet. Flavor is sweet, very lightly hopped. Very little funk. Aftertaste is sweet and weird. Not horrible, but not good.

nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 22, 2014
0.5L can thanks to my good beer buddy Cheap. I was surprised by the low ratings and comments on this one, I loved this German pilsner. Clean crisp taste, I could easily do another!!

cheap (5862) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2014
Found a 24 pack of 0.5L cans at my local distributor, Beaver Co Beverage for $19. Even warm from the can, this is not a bad brew, fairly smooth and easy going. Can’t wait to try it cold. Does have some of tat mild euro pils smell when you first pop the can but its all smooth sailing after that. Glad I stopped over at the local PALCB distributor today! This was pretty good compared to that bitter nebraska IPA I had earlier, quite refreshing.

Ratman197 (14852) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - JUN 13, 2014
500 ml can poured a clear gold with a lasting white head. Aromas of bread, graininess and light yeast. Palate was light bodied and smooth. Flavors of bread and light yeast with a smooth finish.