overall
n/a
RATINGS: 1055   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Has a smooth, refreshing taste. Busch is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Since being introduced regionally in 1955, the Busch beer brand family has grown to become one of the top-selling value beer brand families. Busch also holds a noted place in Anheuser-Busch history as the first new brand after the repeal of Prohibition.

beer_rookie (566) - Arkansas, USA - APR 2, 2015

I don’t know why people hate on this beer so much. No, it’s not a craft beer. But yes, it is still quite good. It has it’s pros and cons, as do all beers. The main pro is the fact that it’s cheap. The main con is that it’s a little light even for a ’regular’ beer.

Pours a very light, very clear color with a huge light foamy head. You must be careful when you pour or you’ll overpour your glass. I do it every time. It also laces bettter than you would expect.

Aroma is beer. It smells like beer, I expect that. I don’t expect a lot of complexity from such a cheap beer. If anything I can detect maybe some corn flakes and grassy hops in the aroma.

Tastes like beer. It’s sweet and light. Not a whole lot to report. I can taste corn, I can taste light (and I mean light) hops. Nothing really complex, but it tastes pretty good. It’s a lot lighter than I would like though.

Mouthfeel is nice. As the color and taste would suggest, it has a light mouthfeel. Highly drinkable. Not much heavier than water, but tastes better than water.

Overall, it’s much better than the raters on here say that it is. It is a cheap beer, and in my opinion you get a good bang for your buck. This isn’t a beer I drink a lot, only when I’m broke. But I enjoy it when I do!

tillmac62 (735) - Gaffney, South Carolina, USA - MAR 22, 2015
Budweiser’s little brother is no prince. It is however, cheap...and you get what you pay for.

goozen (4071) - Leiden, NETHERLANDS - MAR 21, 2015
Can 0,35ltr: Clear golden colored brew with an very faint bitter taste, very bland beer the moderate priced one from Anheuser-Busch.

csaso (2284) - Missouri, USA - FEB 25, 2015
Can - unable to pour out of can, but based on past experience, it’s a typical pale straw color, sweet corn aroma and flavor, pretty typical pale lager

ordybill (1759) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - FEB 8, 2015
This is a pale colored lager poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. It has minimal head and had little "bite" or a strong beer taste. A popular "dad’s" beer from the 70-90s and still popular with the young adults on a fixed budget. Not horrible, but definitely not a craft beer.

1.1
wedgie9 (2702) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 8, 2015
Tasted on 2/7/15 from a 25oz can purchased at the gas station. Pours clear pale golden with an average white head that quickly recedes to very thin lace. The nose is sweet corny mallow malt with very light bread. The flavor is a touch more wheat bread, with the corn flakes style malt and the lightest green hint of hops possible. The body is light with fizzy, lively carbonation, and a short corn flakes malt finish.

1.2
fredthecat (328) - CANADA - JAN 4, 2015
Aroma is corn, slightly sour. Taste is extremely watery. Modereate carbonation. Not particular to this, but ive had too many bad pale water beers lately... uggghhh why is this style popular

1.2
mathieuc (3996) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 3, 2015
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2017 Can, 4.7%. Pour a ultra light yellow with a thin white head that leaves good lacing. Nose is ultra light as well, features some fruits and cereals maybe. Taste is almost nil but offers some really faint corn and fruits. Some light grainy cereal finish. Body is really light and more related to water than anything. Why drink that? Maybe as a replacement to bottled water?

Beardbeerman (341) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 28, 2014
I found this lying between a couple of other housebrews in a 7/11 close to my place and just thought I’d give it a try. Personally, I see a trucker drinking this (no disrespect, my old man has been one for 34 years). It pours a pretty pale blond robe with a very rough carbonation. The head is bright white and starts out about two fingers thick and disappears completely quite fast. The nose is pretty light with a faint breadiness and the taste is lightly malty with a light sharpness. Very similar to the Sleeman Clear but even lighter. Like I say, I’m out to try them all so even if that wasn’t the best I had, it’s more on my list. Cheers!

dekester1 (366) - Town of Maple Creek, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 21, 2014
Poured a light gold/yellow with a light head which faded to light lace rather quickly. Aroma of grains and light hoppiness. Taste was similar - slightly malt and then into grains (i.e. think rice) with a light hop finish. Almost seems more like a light beer than a full blown lager. Palate was light. Overall, what you’d expect from a mass-produced brew.