overall
n/a
RATINGS: 1055   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Has a smooth, refreshing taste. Busch is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Since being introduced regionally in 1955, the Busch beer brand family has grown to become one of the top-selling value beer brand families. Busch also holds a noted place in Anheuser-Busch history as the first new brand after the repeal of Prohibition.

Obfuscate (573) - Minneapolis, - NOV 25, 2015
So my brother in law comes to town for Thanksgiving from Colorado and brings me Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA and Busch heavy, lol. It’s really not bad. It’s just another American pale lager but it’s drinkable enough. I never thought drain pour but also never thought "thank you may I have another".

Sawicz (9) - USA - JAN 16, 2003 does not count
Pound for pound, this is the best beer to drink out of a can. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Great when from a bottle and the case is only 10 bucks! points for the best cheap beer in America...even if from the gestapo that is "And how's her bush?"

cfly_is_high (37) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 1, 2011
Very satisfying, obviously not a premium beer, but I enjoyed it, leaves a relative smooth taste

steprous99 (28) - Orlando, Florida, USA - DEC 16, 2002
This is a good old standby it doesn’t leave much aftertaste and its low priced, its the best standard beer for just sitting around watching tube or hanging out on the beach, it can get a little foamy for my tastes if you don’t keep it at the right temperature. a 12 pack for 6 or 7 bucks and I can drink it all night without much reprecussions the morning after. P.S. Tastes much better in a can

buschman (7) - Indiana, USA - MAR 29, 2014 does not count
Another good beer I like to drink. After all I am buschman. I’ll just say this...I’ll drink any beer, but I’m a Anheuser-Busch guy and that’s what I pretty much buy.

goattman (8) - Peoria, Arizona, USA - MAY 25, 2008 does not count
Too sweet takes some gettting use to. Probley the best cheap beer on the market. If I need a beer and don’t have alot of my Busch is my beer

Saurononline (135) - Madrid, SPAIN - JAN 16, 2012
Ok, not the best I’ve every tried or will, but it’s not a ZERO! please... mean people...

pinkie (470) - New York, USA - MAR 6, 2014
Pours a straw gold with brilliant clarity. A soapy white head that fell fast and no real lace just a few spots. Nose is light corn and light grain. Thin and a only a hint of green apple and some corn sweetness. Hops are floral and light and go a bit grassy as the beer warms. Taste is clean and has only a mild hint of green apple, and DMS. NO diacetyl and this finishes with a bit of grass and hop bitter. No real fruitiness and a crisp carbonation. Balance between malt and hops was practically even and only during warming did the hops emerge. There was a touch of light acidity in the finish and this finished mostly dry but with a touch of sugary taste at the very end. Mouthfeel is thin and pleasant and a bit watery.

It’s got less of an apple taste than some other beers I have rated but a thinner body overall. The DMS was in acceptable limits and this beer had only a bit of sourness to creep on to the palate as it warmed.

Style notes - the standard lager can have little to no malt aroma, fast fallihg head, light body from the use of adjunct and DMS is allowed in low levels. The dms did creep on to the palate in sufficient amounts to keep from wanting another one of these. BUT the green apple sweetness was less than some other beers like molson canadian an d even heineken so I teetered between 2.75 and 3.0 for a taste rating. I gave it the lower rating because I do nto want another.