overall
n/a
RATINGS: 193   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Busch Ice has a rich, smooth taste with exceptional drinkability and a slightly sweet finish. Busch Ice undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing. This leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process, which help create its rich, smooth taste. Ice beer is rumored to have been developed by accident in Germany during Oktoberfest celebrations. A particularly cold year froze the celebrated bock beers, which are traditionally brewed for spring, and a new taste was noticed by the drinkers.

Aurelius (5332) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 4, 2015
Brutalist can, guaranteeing me of 25 oz of sexiness. Clear, yella, sticky white head. Powdery aroma. Very low hopping, slightly sweet, really not much going on here at all. ABV is well masked, FWIW. Medium to slightly light body. Picked this tick up at the RaceTrac minimart in Cumming, GA.

Franckg (1652) - Trois-Rivières, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 10, 2015
Arômes de malt, gas carbonique et leger sucre. Rien à signaler en bouche à part un goût subtil de houblon, melon et malt. Carbonation trop élevé.

westy2889 (8) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 14, 2015 does not count
Drank from a bottle. Canadian (Labatt) version, 5.5%, used to be 6.0%. Overall not bad for an ice beer, and leagues ahead of Busch Light. Less watery, with a nice golden colour. Would buy again, but in smaller quantity if possible.

alexsdad06 (10378) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 7, 2015
24 oz. can from notes. Pours a clear yellow gold with a medium sized white head. The aroma and flavor have corn and grainy malts, metallic notes, not smooth, actually a bit harsh, I admit I am doing this strictly for the tick, not worth having again.

1.2
Meilby (11495) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JUN 17, 2015
Can 473ml @ Hotel room, Hyatt Place, Pittsburgh, PA
Pours clear golden with a small white head. Aroma has notes of malt, corn and apples. Taste is light to medium sweet and light bitter. Body is light to medium, texture is thin to oily, carbonation is soft. Why am I willingly buying these shitty beers? Too punish my self maybe? I really need to make better life choices...

1.3
yngwie (17049) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - JUN 17, 2015
Can, A clear, golden beer with a small, white head. The aroma is rather corn-ish, with some generic fruityness. It’s medium bodied and quite dry, with a decent carbonation level. Corn and a generic fruityness in the flavor, as well as a hint of bitterness. Medium length finish. Rather bland and unpleasant this one. 150617

beer_rookie (561) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Pours a straw color. Large white but thin head at the pour. Lots and lots of little bubbles coming up from the bottom. There’s some lacing. Eh, for the most part, nothing special.

Aroma is sweet. It’s a clean smell. Fresh almost. I don’t pick up on much of anything else.

Taste is pretty good. I’m guessing it has some rice in it. Most ice beer has a pretty harsh, or at least, a noticable alcohol taste. This doesn’t. I like that. Other than that, not a lot of taste.I do taste some light hops in there.

Mouthfeel is light. I would call this a light ice beer. Very drinkable.

Overall, this is very tasty. This is the first time I’ve had this. I used to think Bud Ice was King of Ice Beers. But, I stand corrected. i think this is. It’s very drinkable. It’s cheap. It’s high in alcohol. It’s easy to drink. It’s really good. I’ll buy this again!

UDBeernut (2883) - Saint Johns, Florida, USA - JUN 1, 2015
out of the can on another hotel tick. nose is full of wet sloppy grain and puke. reminds me of college for some reason. taste has some sweetness, but corn, and cardboard dominate. elmers glue towards the end. FML.

Kirasuke (5) - - MAY 14, 2015 does not count
Good stuff. Have it in kentucky. I’ve only seen it in a few places. Easily one of the best ice brews. bud and This are the ice brews i go for usually. I will say one thing about these though. Don’t let them get warm. Ice brews are really bad when they warm. Cold, very good taste, just not really overly complicated. Tastes like a typical beer.

gps29070 (3) - South Carolina, USA - APR 17, 2015 does not count
Unlike it’s brother Busch regular beer, this is just nasty in my opinion. Usually when a beer has the word "Ice" in it, it immediately means strong skunky, high alcohol content beer. This one is no exception. This just is hard to drink period, the alcohol content just overrides any flavor. I give the appearance a 3 because it’s really hard to foul that one up in a beer. The aroma isn’t pleasant at all, like a malt liquor and completely different then Busch regular beer in my opinion. I guess if one wants to get smashed on the cheaper per ml alcohol content, other then a Malt Liquor, this has rank right up there. Just not an enjoyable beer.