overall
n/a
RATINGS: 190   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Busch Ice has a rich, smooth taste with exceptional drinkability and a slightly sweet finish. Busch Ice undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing. This leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process, which help create its rich, smooth taste. Ice beer is rumored to have been developed by accident in Germany during Oktoberfest celebrations. A particularly cold year froze the celebrated bock beers, which are traditionally brewed for spring, and a new taste was noticed by the drinkers.

morrdt (715) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - JUL 7, 2007
Can. This beer is best used for those times that you’ve run out of cash for crack, and need a good buzz. Otherwise, avoid this beer at all costs. Complete and total crap. Living in Jacksonville FL (home of an A-B brewery) I get to see every mistake A-B makes. This is one of them. Thanks for nothing guys.

beer_rookie (706) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Pours a straw color. Large white but thin head at the pour. Lots and lots of little bubbles coming up from the bottom. There’s some lacing. Eh, for the most part, nothing special.

Aroma is sweet. It’s a clean smell. Fresh almost. I don’t pick up on much of anything else.

Taste is pretty good. I’m guessing it has some rice in it. Most ice beer has a pretty harsh, or at least, a noticable alcohol taste. This doesn’t. I like that. Other than that, not a lot of taste.I do taste some light hops in there.

Mouthfeel is light. I would call this a light ice beer. Very drinkable.

Overall, this is very tasty. This is the first time I’ve had this. I used to think Bud Ice was King of Ice Beers. But, I stand corrected. i think this is. It’s very drinkable. It’s cheap. It’s high in alcohol. It’s easy to drink. It’s really good. I’ll buy this again!

0.9
donandres (687) - Makati, PHILIPPINES - JAN 6, 2016
Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer Appearance: Light yellow head, a lot of lacing Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else Taste: not really great Mouth feel: very carbonated Overall: good beer for the hot weather, specially camping outdoors, nothing special One of the cheapest beers in the grocery aisle just got it to taste it, i promise not to do it again

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - JAN 3, 2002
A bit more of an alcohol kick at 5.9% but that's about the only redeeming factor you'll find here. Otherwise, no different from the rest of the mass produced American Standard swill.

1.2
Stldsf1 (659) - Florida, USA - JUL 6, 2012
Do they still make this a bad version of a bad beer. Oh yeah. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

JohnnyOS (646) - Golden, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 2, 2006
Pours a golden yellow color with aroma of corn and some hops. Flavor is more or less water with some hops present.

Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - NOV 18, 2001
I do not understand the whole ice thing other than as a marketing ploy by the big boys

spikester (606) - Salem, Oregon, USA - JAN 17, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2008 Busch with more alcohol, whoopee! Less corny than Bud, gets you drunk if that’s what you are after.

UnholyBrewing (596) - Central Florida(Upper Hell), Florida, USA - MAR 26, 2008
..nothing good about this iced down, worse version of busch. I really think it’s for the hardcore alcoholics that have lost the taste receptors in their tongue, cause this rice ice is shit.

cazort (568) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 21, 2010
This is a competitor for the lowest of the low, but it beats out Natural Light because it doesn’t give me a splitting headache after a single can the way that beer does. Also, less heavy and disgusting than miller high life. Overall, about on par with coors light, but a very different character. This is a heavy beer, strong, high alcohol content. In my opinion, this is the worst I’ve tried, however, among the "ice" beers. I strongly prefer milwaukee’s best ice (if I’m going to be drinking one, honestly they’re not something I’d usually choose on my own. That one has a stronger alcohol character to it...and in this one the alcohol is less noticeable, more masked...but it’s masked by a nasty, sour taste that is, in my opinion, worse than the alcohol. I do not recommend this one.