overall
n/a
RATINGS: 193   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Busch Ice has a rich, smooth taste with exceptional drinkability and a slightly sweet finish. Busch Ice undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing. This leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process, which help create its rich, smooth taste. Ice beer is rumored to have been developed by accident in Germany during Oktoberfest celebrations. A particularly cold year froze the celebrated bock beers, which are traditionally brewed for spring, and a new taste was noticed by the drinkers.

UnholyBrewing (595) - Central Florida(Upper Hell), Florida, USA - MAR 26, 2008
..nothing good about this iced down, worse version of busch. I really think it’s for the hardcore alcoholics that have lost the taste receptors in their tongue, cause this rice ice is shit.

arventresca (567) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 14, 2014
Don’t care what anyone . Says. Good freaking cheap beer. Just drink and enjoy this.

beer_rookie (566) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Pours a straw color. Large white but thin head at the pour. Lots and lots of little bubbles coming up from the bottom. There’s some lacing. Eh, for the most part, nothing special.

Aroma is sweet. It’s a clean smell. Fresh almost. I don’t pick up on much of anything else.

Taste is pretty good. I’m guessing it has some rice in it. Most ice beer has a pretty harsh, or at least, a noticable alcohol taste. This doesn’t. I like that. Other than that, not a lot of taste.I do taste some light hops in there.

Mouthfeel is light. I would call this a light ice beer. Very drinkable.

Overall, this is very tasty. This is the first time I’ve had this. I used to think Bud Ice was King of Ice Beers. But, I stand corrected. i think this is. It’s very drinkable. It’s cheap. It’s high in alcohol. It’s easy to drink. It’s really good. I’ll buy this again!

0.8
cazort (565) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 21, 2010
This is a competitor for the lowest of the low, but it beats out Natural Light because it doesn’t give me a splitting headache after a single can the way that beer does. Also, less heavy and disgusting than miller high life. Overall, about on par with coors light, but a very different character. This is a heavy beer, strong, high alcohol content. In my opinion, this is the worst I’ve tried, however, among the "ice" beers. I strongly prefer milwaukee’s best ice (if I’m going to be drinking one, honestly they’re not something I’d usually choose on my own. That one has a stronger alcohol character to it...and in this one the alcohol is less noticeable, more masked...but it’s masked by a nasty, sour taste that is, in my opinion, worse than the alcohol. I do not recommend this one.

0.9
donandres (527) - Bayombong, PHILIPPINES - JAN 6, 2016
Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer Appearance: Light yellow head, a lot of lacing Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else Taste: not really great Mouth feel: very carbonated Overall: good beer for the hot weather, specially camping outdoors, nothing special One of the cheapest beers in the grocery aisle just got it to taste it, i promise not to do it again

0.8
natejgood (511) - Bozeman, Montana, USA - JAN 27, 2007
We dubbed this "The Fancy", if only becuase we had five dollars and 7 mouths to buy beer for. It is terrible, terrible beer. It’s sort of like a pitcher filled with one Busch light, 6 cups of water, and whatever they use to flavor banana Runts. If you’re going to drink an Ice beer (which you probably shouldn’t), don’t let it be this one.

1.3
swiseman (503) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - AUG 19, 2014
pours a very pale yellow with next to no head. taste is typical macro lager with just a hint of alcohol to provide a bit of taste. You know what to expect going into this one, but I will give it credit for hiding the alcohol well which is not typical of high gravity bargain beers.

1.2
fro2218 (471) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 28, 2007
More horrible that regular bush. Kind of like water. Is this really beer. Yuck.

0.6
Ret12 (453) - Maryland, USA - MAY 17, 2013
I could barely drink this beer, gave me a terrible headache the next day as well.

0.6
basspro76 (426) - New York, USA - FEB 22, 2010
College beer and nothing more. Or as we called it at 33 Clayton "Blackout juice."