overall
n/a
RATINGS: 193   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Busch Ice has a rich, smooth taste with exceptional drinkability and a slightly sweet finish. Busch Ice undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing. This leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process, which help create its rich, smooth taste. Ice beer is rumored to have been developed by accident in Germany during Oktoberfest celebrations. A particularly cold year froze the celebrated bock beers, which are traditionally brewed for spring, and a new taste was noticed by the drinkers.

dattle74 (1) - USA - FEB 8, 2008 does not count
yum yum the best beer in the world all the breweries must be jealous!!!! i drink a 12 every day and get up at 3:30am for work feelin fine!!!! cant say that for all that imported yuppy junk!!!! got one in my hand right now!!!!! rip on !!!!

BreweryCaptain32 (4) - - JAN 28, 2017 does not count
Very good beer for the price. Rather drink that than my local beer. Taste is good on tastye bud. Just to say I could drink a 12 pack alone frome moring till early darkness. Not puke. Good taste

PolishPrisoner (3) - - JUL 15, 2014 does not count
This beer is better than you would expect. For .58 cents per can at 6.99 a 12 Pack, this beer is a bargain buy. Everyone on this website compares this ~.60 cent beer to beers that cost up to $5.00 a piece. That’s ridiculous. Busch Ice is only sold in certain markets, and in Raleigh, NC this beer in sold in 6.99 12 packs (I have not seen it in bottles, 24 packs, 16 oz cans, etc). For the price, this beer is very good. It pours a delicious amber color with a 2 inch head which quickly fades in the face of consistent streaming bubbles. First of all, there are no offensive aromas or tastes, and that’s important for a "cheap beer" (it’s commonly alleged that "cheap beers" are nasty). The taste is slightly sweet yet very smooth with a slight carbonation scrub Second, this beer rivals Bud Light Platinum in taste, costs much less, and has approximately the same amount of alcohol. Third, this beer has some "cult" appeal because it is only sold regionally - unlike Bud Platinum and other ice beers. Ultimately, I would highly recommend this beer. It is my favorite ice beer. Busch Ice is better than Natural Ice, though I prefer Natural for its light beer variety (Natural Light). Finally, this beer is just as good as Bud Light Platinum (or another other ice beer) for a fraction of the cost. *Note that I am not comparing this beer to craft brews or other specialty lagers, but there is no denying that this beer has been greatly underrated by the self-proclaimed beer snobs of the world wide web. Suddenly, everyone is a beer expert, and no one likes the mass produced brews. Rethink the group think. Busch Ice is pretty darn good.

arventresca (567) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 14, 2014
Don’t care what anyone . Says. Good freaking cheap beer. Just drink and enjoy this.

Seahawks206 (2) - - FEB 9, 2015 does not count
Fun adjunct buzz-beer. Comparable to keystone ice, same color. Taste are non-offensive.

ronaldtheriot (1932) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - AUG 4, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2010 Busch Ice (not available in Louisiana) is a pleasant ice beer. The aroma is rather neutral, and the appearance is a decent straw color; pretty standard. It has a nice, if mild, flavor, and a good, light mouth feel. My overall impression is that Busch Ice holds its own against others of its ilk. The above-average alcohol content gives the drinker that particular feeling after wards (drank a 24 oz. can in a chalice). I have only seen this product sold in St. Louis and Memphis. Good stuff. RJT

Kirasuke (5) - - MAY 14, 2015 does not count
Good stuff. Have it in kentucky. I’ve only seen it in a few places. Easily one of the best ice brews. bud and This are the ice brews i go for usually. I will say one thing about these though. Don’t let them get warm. Ice brews are really bad when they warm. Cold, very good taste, just not really overly complicated. Tastes like a typical beer.

Turtboy (120) - Lucasville, Ohio, USA - SEP 7, 2002
5.9% ABV, and taste o.k. Plus it is cheap. I drank 8 of these and felt good. Kudos.

beer_rookie (561) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Pours a straw color. Large white but thin head at the pour. Lots and lots of little bubbles coming up from the bottom. There’s some lacing. Eh, for the most part, nothing special.

Aroma is sweet. It’s a clean smell. Fresh almost. I don’t pick up on much of anything else.

Taste is pretty good. I’m guessing it has some rice in it. Most ice beer has a pretty harsh, or at least, a noticable alcohol taste. This doesn’t. I like that. Other than that, not a lot of taste.I do taste some light hops in there.

Mouthfeel is light. I would call this a light ice beer. Very drinkable.

Overall, this is very tasty. This is the first time I’ve had this. I used to think Bud Ice was King of Ice Beers. But, I stand corrected. i think this is. It’s very drinkable. It’s cheap. It’s high in alcohol. It’s easy to drink. It’s really good. I’ll buy this again!