overall
n/a
RATINGS: 193   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Busch Ice has a rich, smooth taste with exceptional drinkability and a slightly sweet finish. Busch Ice undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing. This leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process, which help create its rich, smooth taste. Ice beer is rumored to have been developed by accident in Germany during Oktoberfest celebrations. A particularly cold year froze the celebrated bock beers, which are traditionally brewed for spring, and a new taste was noticed by the drinkers.

gps29070 (3) - South Carolina, USA - APR 17, 2015 does not count
Unlike it’s brother Busch regular beer, this is just nasty in my opinion. Usually when a beer has the word "Ice" in it, it immediately means strong skunky, high alcohol content beer. This one is no exception. This just is hard to drink period, the alcohol content just overrides any flavor. I give the appearance a 3 because it’s really hard to foul that one up in a beer. The aroma isn’t pleasant at all, like a malt liquor and completely different then Busch regular beer in my opinion. I guess if one wants to get smashed on the cheaper per ml alcohol content, other then a Malt Liquor, this has rank right up there. Just not an enjoyable beer.

jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 27, 2002
This beer is no different than any of its counterparts. It sucks. It is watered down and is only good if you want to get drunk.

Crit (3996) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 17, 2002
I think its the same as the regular busch with different packaging

loseratheart (110) - USA - NOV 28, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 2, 2006 I could feel myself getting sick as I was drinking. Standard American macro. light and skunk aftertaste

dirtydinguss (9) - USA - APR 19, 2006 does not count
blech...I’m rating these cause they were stapels. Bland yellow color with some alchol in the smell and flavor. Not much bitterness. Worse as it warms

urnamesucks (92) - New York City, New York, USA - AUG 20, 2008
The only reason I am rating this overall as an 5 is the price. One word...COLLEGE!

queenholly (3623) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - MAR 19, 2013
Can. Sour malt aroma. Clear gold with a small white head. Waery sour barley malt flavor. Watery, highly carbonated body.

Odeed (1803) - Bakersfield, California, USA - AUG 5, 2013
Consumed out of a 24oz can.It had a bit of that "nail polish remover" taste to it.I don’t know if it was old because A.B. uses the "julian" coding on their bottle.I like bad beers but I will pass on this one.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - MAY 31, 2014
Onward ho. Reviewed from notes. This was poured more than enough times in a pint glass and a pilsener. The appearance was a decent clear golden yellow color with a fast rising carbonation running about it. There is a head, but that dies within less than about fifteen seconds. There is some lacing, but that ends up sliding right on into the beer. The smell had some cooked vegetable/sort of sweet corniness to it. Its actually quite a weird smell to be honest. The taste well, that leaves a lot to be desired as it portrays a lot of wateriness to it. The palate, it sits light and the carbonation is not really there. Overall, this is not much of a beer to me. I realize "light" can be good, but I say really only if you’re seeking it. I’m not seeking it.

donandres (527) - Bayombong, PHILIPPINES - JAN 6, 2016
Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer Appearance: Light yellow head, a lot of lacing Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else Taste: not really great Mouth feel: very carbonated Overall: good beer for the hot weather, specially camping outdoors, nothing special One of the cheapest beers in the grocery aisle just got it to taste it, i promise not to do it again