overall
n/a
RATINGS: 190   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Busch Ice has a rich, smooth taste with exceptional drinkability and a slightly sweet finish. Busch Ice undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing. This leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process, which help create its rich, smooth taste. Ice beer is rumored to have been developed by accident in Germany during Oktoberfest celebrations. A particularly cold year froze the celebrated bock beers, which are traditionally brewed for spring, and a new taste was noticed by the drinkers.

ronaldtheriot (2009) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - AUG 4, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2010 Busch Ice (not available in Louisiana) is a pleasant ice beer. The aroma is rather neutral, and the appearance is a decent straw color; pretty standard. It has a nice, if mild, flavor, and a good, light mouth feel. My overall impression is that Busch Ice holds its own against others of its ilk. The above-average alcohol content gives the drinker that particular feeling after wards (drank a 24 oz. can in a chalice). I have only seen this product sold in St. Louis and Memphis.

Good stuff.

RJT

Kirasuke (5) - - MAY 14, 2015 does not count
Good stuff. Have it in kentucky. I’ve only seen it in a few places. Easily one of the best ice brews. bud and This are the ice brews i go for usually. I will say one thing about these though. Don’t let them get warm. Ice brews are really bad when they warm. Cold, very good taste, just not really overly complicated. Tastes like a typical beer.

Turtboy (120) - Lucasville, Ohio, USA - SEP 7, 2002
5.9% ABV, and taste o.k. Plus it is cheap. I drank 8 of these and felt good. Kudos.

beer_rookie (684) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Pours a straw color. Large white but thin head at the pour. Lots and lots of little bubbles coming up from the bottom. There’s some lacing. Eh, for the most part, nothing special.

Aroma is sweet. It’s a clean smell. Fresh almost. I don’t pick up on much of anything else.

Taste is pretty good. I’m guessing it has some rice in it. Most ice beer has a pretty harsh, or at least, a noticable alcohol taste. This doesn’t. I like that. Other than that, not a lot of taste.I do taste some light hops in there.

Mouthfeel is light. I would call this a light ice beer. Very drinkable.

Overall, this is very tasty. This is the first time I’ve had this. I used to think Bud Ice was King of Ice Beers. But, I stand corrected. i think this is. It’s very drinkable. It’s cheap. It’s high in alcohol. It’s easy to drink. It’s really good. I’ll buy this again!

TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2001
This actually isn't that bad...............................................

LuckySmarms99 (80) - Ontario, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Beer ratings here based on my only trip to Pittsburgh. Only beer bought at PNC park this year. Trip was great, so beer was too. :) Go Bucs...

Leighton (22555) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 16, 2014
Can shared at RBWG 2014 Late Night tasting - Asheville. Pours clear gold with a creamy, white head. Pale malts abound in this one, some light cereal notes, hay. Simple stuff. Medium bodied with average carbonation. Sweet finish, more sugary cereal, hay. Basic but not terrible.

Slimshadow1344 (18) - USA - JAN 23, 2002
Some people say beer is beer. Not me. If you like beer at all, dont drink this rank garbage. Regular busch isnt bad, but this givs it a bad name.

BeerZack (432) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 11, 2013
I get some sweetish banana Runts candy on the nose along with the tiniest bit of malt underneath. Somewhat sweet on the palate with the same light malt and banana flavors up front. The flavor doesn’t last long though, despite the somewhat sweet intensity of the initial impression. The carbonation scrubs the malt and banana flavor to a bland sourness at the midway and then turns to this very watery flavor followed by a very dry, almost “furry” impression on the tongue and cheek during the not so short finish. The weird over-carbonated and dry feeling on the finish lasts longer than the actual taste of flavors.