overall
Brewed by Dubuisson
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Pipaix, Belgium

RATINGS: 1239   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
It was created in 1933 by Alfred Dubuisson, grand-father of the present family brewer, Hugues. Its former name was "Bush Beer 24°" (the density in Ballings), but today it is known as Bush Amber. Its amber colour is due to the use of caramel malt in the production process. Its bitter sweet taste provides it with firmness and personality. What's more, it helps digestion.

robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 29, 2004
Deep Cloudy Orange Coloring With White Ring...Sweet Fruity Aroma... Yeasty, Citrus, Carbonated..Definite Alcohol Warming...A Bit Heavy...Normal For the Style... Very Enjoyable Belgian.

JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - NOV 22, 2004
On tap at Maproom. Golden honey colored, honey nose with hints of raisin and apricots, phenols come out as it warms. Very oily and mouthcoating sweetness, syrupy in the middle, mapley and honeyed and some caramel and chocolate. Tingly at the finish with some blander biscuity notes squeezing in. fascinating the way the strong alcohol comes and goes in the taste. Damn good way to finish off the night!

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - NOV 19, 2004
In the tiny bottle (0.25L). My bottle was marked "Best before June 2003." I think they might be serious. Little or no head from the pour. Very disappointing. Also- I am surprised to find NO YEAST IN THE BOTTLE!!! In the past, I have captured Scaldis yeast and cloned it for making my own lambics. The bastards must be filtering it now! That SUCKS! I wanted the yeast for my fermentate. Glorious amber color. Nice carbonation nucleation sites forming for a beer with no head. Smells like caramel and earthy fall. Buttery sugary malt flavor with a great mouth feel. Outstanding taste! Hey! This was my 500th beer!

IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - NOV 19, 2004
03 bottle. Clear amber, frothy, long lasting beige head. Sweet aroma, lots of honey, some apple, light spice, mild alcohol. Toffee and caramel come out in the flavor along with the honey. Alcohol was mellowed out greatly for such a big beer, medium to full bodied. Quite nice, now if they only got rid of these stupid 8 oz bottles...

Emil (6065) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 10, 2004
Amber color, light sweet honey fruity alcoholic aroma and taste, full body, dry alcoholic finish.

dornoy (701) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 5, 2004
The off-white medium head looked nice on top of the gold amber body, and then I tasted it - that’s when I ralised it was 12 %! Actually one can taste the alcohol, but it’s discreetly hidden behing the fruity sweet flavour and a very filling/round aftertaste. Strong and nicely so on a cold Danish late autumn evening.

macguy (146) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2004
This beer kicks you in the head. I can’t say that I wasn’t warned. I was. It’s tasty, toothy, and has a nice round after taste. Thanks for sending/bringing me a bottle to taste. You know who you are.

Hugerat (452) - somerville, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 27, 2004
Medium head with good retention and nice lacing. Sweet, malty but still fairly well balanced flavor with rather subtle hop flavor. I can’t really taste the alcohol, but I definitely feel it kick me in the stomach. A highly recommendable beer.

Aldrighetti (163) - Coltura, ITALY - OCT 17, 2004
Tutored tasting with Italian beer expert Lorenzo "Kuaska" Dabove. Dark orange, golden colour, cream head. Clear body, very thin perlage. Aroma of honey, toffee, fruit (peach, apricot, orange) preserved in alcohol, brandy, leather. Smooth and clean, round taste, a lot of malt with a touch of alcohol in finish.

bombshelter (349) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 13, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2007 bottle. you can smell the sweetness. hits like a ton of bricks, full, flowery flavor, with a noticable alcohol kick, that, somehow, doesn’t seem out of place or bad. Tap at the brewery. All sorts of caramel up front, barrels into a boozy semi-dry finish. This is a sipper, a truly unique beer, and very dry for its gravity, but still far too sweet for normal consumption. Great winter beer, but not as amazing as I had previously rated it. Ah, the innocence of youth.