overall
Brewed by Buxton
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Buxton, England

RATINGS: 286   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
Cask, Keg, and Bottle: Unfiltered. Regular.
Hop changed from Cascade to Citra in 2011. The Cascade SPA has a separate entry.
A light, refreshing, hoppy pale ale. A showcase for the incredibly aromatic North American hop – Citra. It has a lovely citrus aroma, with juicy fruit flavours in the mouth. Medium bitterness.

AnG_BrgNor (814) - Bergen, NORWAY - DEC 9, 2017
Bottle. Almost clear golden with white head. A bit bitter in the beginning, but orange, grapefruit and citrus dominates. Some herbs and pine in the end also. Good, but the aroma is amazing.

lokis333 (598) - Biržai, LITHUANIA - DEC 8, 2017
Hazy golden colour with small white foam. Aromas sweet of citrus leaves and grapefruits with notes of grapes and slight soap. Palate, light body with smooth texture leaving slighty dry finish. Taste, bittersweet of grapefruits, and more graoefruits? Overall, nice brew for only 4% with strong hop character.

hellrunner (14) - - DEC 8, 2017
Liked by jen and even Jonah, not so much by Andy, fizzy and fruity with a light yellow colour ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Connor66 (81) - - DEC 5, 2017
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2017 Beer Hawk advent calendar as it looks like most have 👍 poured cloudy with a strong grapefruit and pineapple smell slight malty after taste with a bitter over tone. Got to say I like it.

Davros IX (534) - Hertford, Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - DEC 4, 2017
Bottle at home in Beer Hawk advent calendar. A nice murky pour with a good and long-lived head. Loads of hops on the nose and even more in the taste. Surely you can't call this a pale ale? its an IPA with those massive hops! Mind you, Buxton do like their hops, so their interpretation of a pale ale is probably going to be full of them and somewhat shouty. Whatever. This is a very good beer.

0.9
SilkTork (5886) - Southampton, United Kingdom, Hampshire, ENGLAND - DEC 2, 2017
330ml dark bottle, unfiltered. No 2 bottle from the Honest Brew advent calendar. This is too hoppy for me. Not my thing at all, and I'm now wondering if I'm going to dislike the rest of the calender. I recently worked my way through a Hoptimism delivery and found most of the beers they sold were not to my taste. I am beginning to suspect it may be the case with Honest Brew. I do prefer malty beer. While I like hops as a means to balance the malt, and while I have enjoyed, perhaps more because it was new, beers with citric hops in the past, I have genuinely had a problem with beers that use an excessive (to me ) amount of hops. At one time it was just American brewed beers that used excessive citric hops, but it seems that a lot of new British breweries are doing the same, and Hoptimism and - it seems - Honest Brew favour those sorts of beers. I can't finish this - I've only had a few sips. I don't like hop tea. I like beer. This burns my lips and tongue.

sam_uk93 (72) - West Sussex, ENGLAND - DEC 1, 2017
Pours a slightly murky amber with a white head. Aroma is taste is slight fruitiness up front, leading to a malty, hoppy middle, ending fairly bitter. Medium carbonation. Medium bodied. Nice!

Gary (2088) - Brentford, Greater London, ENGLAND - NOV 26, 2017
330ml bottle: In a duvel tulip . Peppery hops nose-lots of citsus nuance . Golden liquid with a large foamy white head. Flavours of white pepper , dusty yeast , banana lollies boiled toffeed sweets, light citrus grassy chewy textures ..

Benters (100) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - NOV 7, 2017
Pours a hazy light golden colour with thin white head. Fruity, white-wine like aromas of passion fruit and grapefruit with some pine. Taste is a nice fruity blend of citrus fruits, pine, a touch of caramel and some bready malt flavour with a firm bitterness. Finish is a crisp, lingering bitterness. Fantastic American Pale Ale.

Mad Dog Martin (101) - - OCT 25, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 25, 2017 Bottle from BH. Pours hazy yellow with a thin white head. Pineapple and cut grass aroma. A bitter-sweet, piney, fruit punch. Very nice for a 4.1 pale ale.