overall
Brewed by Molson Coors UK (MolsonCoors)
Style: Bitter
Burton-on-Trent, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 590   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.66/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Pasteurised nitro-keg and nitro-can beer.
May alse be / have been produced at Tadcaster.
"A smooth, creamy ale." Introduced in 1994 as a 4.8% Irish Ale by Bass at Caffrey’s Ulster brewery, and promoted strongly with an advertising campaign of "strong words softly spoken". Interbrew took over in 2000, soften the recipe and attempted to catch the lager market, using a new promotion of "a storm brewing". Coors acquired the brand in 2002. Initially contract brewed by Interbrew for Coors at Ulster, the brand eventually moved to Coor’s Tower Brewery in Tadcaster.
The ABV was reduced from 4.8% to 4.2% in 2001 and, in March 2010, was further reduced to 3.8%. ABV may vary in export markets.

MOboy (504) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - MAR 18, 2002
Way too sweet. I had this served on nitrogen and it tasted a little like fruit snacks. I could not even finish the glass. Beautiful head though.

tourette (225) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 15, 2002
I’m still not sure what I think of a nitrogen pumped ale. Its smooth for sure, and has a pretty head, but its too artificial and strange. If the beer has something to back it up (like guiness), I would rate it higher. Still not bad though.

RobBestwick (921) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 15, 2002
If this beer was a person it would be an accountant.. it is boring but it is drinkable and it can save you money... i.e. it is not Becks

Nesta13 (205) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 12, 2002
(draught) Nice, distinctly Irish ale. But nothing special either.

BlueMarlin99 (2) - USA - MAR 11, 2002 does not count
Almost the perfect beer that has made me stop ordering cocktails at the local pub. A tad watery, the more you drink the less you taste. However that can be said for all spirits. Too hard to find.

Dogbrick (12936) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 8, 2002
Excellent pour that started out butterscotch-colored then settled into the more typical Ale hue. Creamy almost to a fault, as there was not much of a beer flavor to it at all. Slightly tannic, and overall the flavor does not live up to the looks.

dprior (118) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 7, 2002
The best looking non-stout pour I have ever seen. A real thick, rich, creamy head. Sadly, it’s not all it could be. It needs a bit more bite to it. As it stands, it goes down real creamy and leaves my palate hanging. The flavor is just not there. I waited and waited for that extra hoppy kick, but it never set in. Still, the appearance and aroma makes it a worthwhile purchase now and then. Put some bite into this and It’d be one of the best beers out there. It just goes down like creamy water. I was harsh on the overall because it’s just so damn disapointing.

ToadMan (559) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 7, 2002
Very smooth and creamy, but to me creamy is not a great quality for a beer, at least not to that degree.

Dragonblaze99 (353) - Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 25, 2002
Weak, watery ale with not much flavor. Overly malty, with not enough hops to balance it. I don’t think I will buy this - at least in a can - again.

Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Great beer, one of my faves when I can find it.