overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pilsener
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 144   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.68/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the "Caguama", symbolized good fortune for the fisherman’s village. It’s our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the "Caguama". Salud!

Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - OCT 24, 2007
Bottle. Very light body with a thick, quickly fading, foamy head. Nose-I smelled skunk when I popped the top. I smelled skunk when I poured it. I smelled skunk when I drank it. Taste-skunky, corny sweet, adjunct, watery. A simple, thin, and skunky macro. Thankfully, I like skunky beers, but I could see why most raters would hate this.

0.7
rcasta (864) - EL SALVADOR - OCT 6, 2007
es una cerveza para gringos pendejos que lo unico que buscan es que la cerveza se pueda tomar con limon y sal

DubC5000 (305) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 11, 2007
Smells skunky, alcoholic and watered down. Tastes very watery, kind of like the runoff you get from a bag of ice at the grocery store, with that dirty metallic flavor. As far as cheap beer goes though, its more tolerable than most, and I’ll probably buy it for beer pong purposes.

bhensonb (15188) - Woodland, California, USA - JUN 14, 2007
Seems lightly skunky. Brassy gold color with a light white head that filmed. Thin to medium bodied. Medium carbonation. Not too sure about skunk; could be a strange veg. Some hints of honey. Virtually no bitter in the finish. Guess it’s ok, it just bears no relationship to my concept of a pilsener. At least as good as Bud; could be better.

ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - MAY 5, 2007
Nose of grass and yeast, very neutral. Pours a very pale sparkling gold. The white frothy fluffy head is mostly diminishing and leaves light lace. The flavor is very non-descript; probably the mildest beer I’ve ever tasted. The light watery body is soft to flat. It must be very hot indeed in El Salvador.

riversideAK (6261) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - APR 12, 2007
Smells like sweet grainy adjuncts. Body is a watery yellow, almost urine like. No head at all. The grain tastes a little honey like. The beer is also somewhat crisp, but I cant get over the adjuncty taste. However it is better than pretty much every light american beer that there is. It is very refreshing too. I can drink about 15 of these in a sitting.

maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 6, 2007
Clear pale yellow body with a frothy white head. Dry honey and grassy hops aroma. Sweet honey flavor with a light grassy background.

1.3
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - DEC 23, 2006
In the bottle from Baker’s. Pale yellow with an alka-seltzer white head. Skunk-ola aroma from the combination of clear bottle and grocery store sterilizing fluorescent lights. No better or worse than the other clear-bottle Central American swill. Perhaps it should be named Gag-u-mama?

sickdog74 (5) - Burbank, California, USA - DEC 3, 2006 does not count
I like this beer. I got a 30 pack at Ralphs for $12.99. Can’t beat that. If you put a lime in it, it’s better than Corona. If you don’t have a lot of money, you want this beer. i think it tastes good, a little skunky but I like that for some reason.

dp (608) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - NOV 18, 2006
skunky, without a lime, not terrible, with a lime, not bad at all, better than corona, a little bitter, cool looking bottle