overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pilsener
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 144   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.68/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the "Caguama", symbolized good fortune for the fisherman’s village. It’s our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the "Caguama". Salud!

marckymarc (1) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - JUN 27, 2006 does not count
Caguama is by far the best beer I’ve ever had!! I bought it on impulse, seeing it at a Kroger store on sale at just $8.88 for a 12-pack of bottles, and $15.99 for a 30-pack of cans. After trying the beer, I went back and bought 10 cases of each to stock up for the summer. It is a perfect beer for the pool, lake, or beach. You will not be disappointed. CAGUAMA FOR LIFE!!!!

frankieboy12 (1) - Rialto, California, USA - OCT 25, 2014 does not count
I think this beer has a great taste and it goes down smooth and overall its a great beer

sickdog74 (5) - Burbank, California, USA - DEC 3, 2006 does not count
I like this beer. I got a 30 pack at Ralphs for $12.99. Can’t beat that. If you put a lime in it, it’s better than Corona. If you don’t have a lot of money, you want this beer. i think it tastes good, a little skunky but I like that for some reason.

Beertotaler (1) - Conroe, Texas, USA - JUL 5, 2006 does not count
The wife found this beer and keeps bringing it to gatherings. In Texas we drink cold Beer. If its free and lots of it, even better. How Kroger started selling this is beyond me. We refer to it as "Turtle Beer." Guys, I hate to tell ya, as a Mexican, Dos XX, Tecate, and Corona ALL used to be shit on by EVERYONE. I bet you wish you had stock in it now.

garrison (812) - Cin. city, Ohio, USA - MAY 29, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2005 A nice, refreshing summer beer with a really nifty sea turtle on the bottle. Affordable and tasty, this is my favorite everyday south-of-the-border beer... did i mention about the cool blue turtle on the bottle? :-)

Zappa (1) - USA - OCT 5, 2005 does not count
I am amazed at how many of you fools buy discounted beer. It is cheap because it is OLD. If you don’t mind bad taste just to get a buzz, then go for it, BUT don’t rate the beer if it is a warm shelf, $2 bucks a sixer, deal ya can’t refuse! Cheap skates are so stupid. NOW, this beer. I got some from the distributor and I was very impressed! Lots of malt character with a fresh corn note. Not much in the hops area which gives it a sweet taste but very clean and refreshing. What is the best beer in the world? A fresh one!!

bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - MAY 28, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2005 I enjoyed this beer. A local store that specializes in imports had it the 32 oz bottles on sale for 99 cents, so it was hard to pass up. reminded me of corona. lime is a must. the painting on the bottle is very pretty.

twistedviews (75) - California, USA - AUG 5, 2009
i like this because its cheap and decent taste. not too much "good flavor" but, beer is beer and if its in front of me, ill drink it. for others, if your used to beers like arrogant bastard ales (one of my favs) or some kind of dark ale, stout, bock, ect... you may think this is pretty weak.

AleCommander63 (1) - - MAR 14, 2017 does not count
I’m amazed at some of the very negative reviews on this beer. I’ve drank this beer on occasion for the past 4 years. I find it to be a nice light beer with good flavor. It’s not Corona, but in my opinion it has a somewhat similar taste. If you prefer beers with more flavor like an IPA then this beer probably isn’t for you. If you just want a light refreshing beer at a discount price then give it a try.