overall
RATINGS: 295   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.86/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Caldera’s "Mogli" was inspired by the loss of a dear friend. This is a chocolate, bourbon, oak-aged Imperial Porter. Mogli is complex, sweet, chocolatey, big and full of unconditional love! Sure to warm your heart. Served in a 10 ounce wine glass. Malts: Premium Two Row, Crystal, Munich, Brown, Pale Chocolate, Chocolate, Dark Belgian Candi Sugar, Natural Chocolate, Bourbon-Soaked Oak Spirals; Hops: Galena, Willamette; ABV: 8.5%, IBU: 55, SRM: 55.0

DCJack (187) - Alabama, USA - JUL 28, 2010
I was visiting Portland Oregon for the first time in 24 years. I stayed at the Kennedy School McMenamin’s Brewpub after reading the praiseworthy reviews. The hotel was nice, but a little dead after 10pm. It was nice to sample not only their beers (which were just OK) but also their whiskeys, which I enjoyed more. So after I wrote my review, I noticed another highly rated pub just a block away, Concordia Ale House. While my girlfriend slept, I walked over and it was equally dead. I guess Portlanders turn in early. I ordered a Raven’s Eye IMperial Stout and after pouring about 4 ounces, the bartender said I had "killed the keg", i.e. it was empty. He gave the the 4 oz pour while he went to load the next keg of a new beer, Caldera Mogli Stout. Unbeknownst to me, the Oregon Brewer’s Festival was starting the next day and this Mogli Stout was a featured introduction. Its not even listed on Caldera’s website, although it is mentioned in the publicity for the Festival. This was the most amazing beer I have ever tried. I didn’t realize I was going to be the first to review it on ratebeer. I also didn’t realize that I might have been the first one to ever try it on tap in a bar. It was silky smooth in a way no other beer has ever been. I would say velvety, but it is even smoother than velvet. The aroma itself sent shivers of delight up my neck. It was chocolaty, cherry, tobacco, and bliss. If I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

beergirl2010 (3) - Oregon, USA - DEC 7, 2010 does not count
This is the most amazing beer I have ever tasted in my life.... It is an imperial porter made with a lot of love.. If you visit the Ashland pub they will share the story behind the beer....

wjordan (8) - Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA - MAY 15, 2014 does not count
This is an awesome, chocolate Porter. Tasting this is sublime and not to be missed. Savor every drop because when it’s gone you might cry!