overall
Brewed by Caledonian (Heineken UK)
Style: Bitter
Edinburgh, Scotland
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 318   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Cask: Regular.
CAMRA Supreme Champion 2002.

Vector1 (2) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 26, 2011 does not count
Excellent. A great beer starter for lager drinkers. Excellent. A great beer starter for lager drinkers. Excellent. A great beer starter for lager drinkers

macdeffe (52) - Århus, DENMARK - JUL 22, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 10, 2004 A favourite session ale. As all other Scottish Ale much better on Cask than bottle. Lasting head, and the bitterness is not to overwhelming making this one you drink one after the other

scotty (1208) - SCOTLAND - MAR 15, 2005
Possibly my favourite beer( at the moment!) A superb pale gold colour with a fine white head. Palate is initially very, but not excessively, hoppy, with a soft maltiness following close behind, a well made well balanced brew. Alcohol content is just right, and makes it the #1 choice for a session. This is widely available around Edinburgh, and I dont think I’ve come across a bad pint of it (that I can remember anyway), Bennets Bar,next to the Kings Theatre can be recommended, but the best pint(s) I’ve had of this were in the Volunteer Arms, also known as Staggs, in Musselburgh(behind the Brunton Hall)..good range of well kept guest ales too...WELLworth the detour.

holliersteve (25) - ENGLAND - MAY 10, 2009
What a fantastic beer. Great taste, smooth , and oh so drinkable. Well done to this scottish brewery. This beer is true magic and as always is better from the tap than the bottle. Drank at "the Hind". leicester.

johnnycritch (2) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 25, 2013 does not count
Best pint I’ve had in a while - drinks best when a bit colder. Floral hoppy taste, with a slight note of caramel.

pughy1957 (62) - Rugby, ENGLAND - AUG 3, 2004
A wonderfully refreshing beer, light and very hoppy. Extremely tasty and well deserving of the many accolades this beer has received. A must try!

Hopgeek (90) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 15, 2005
My favorite beer sampled on my recent trip to Europe (which included Belgium!). This beer really surprised me. For 3.8% abv, this is extremely well balanced between hops and malt. This is the session beer that I want to quaff all the time. Why can’t I have this in the US??! Pumps into my glass a murky golden color with a dense white head. Aroma is full of fruity, grassy and floral hoppyness. Tastes of pine cone, orange zest and lemon balanced well with light caramel malt. Creamy and soft on the palate, finishes dry. I love this beer, I drank 4 imperial pints in one session! This is the ultimate session beer for a hophead.

Finn (7547) - Tromsø, NORWAY - MAY 18, 2006
Cask at Dog & Duck London W1 26 Apr 06. Golden colour. Fruity and bitter all the way. A top class bitter rewarding you with a long pleasant aftertaste.

motelpogo (7704) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - OCT 20, 2007
on cask at the oxford bar in edinburgh. i tried this at a few places in edinburgh but it was far better at the ox than anywhere else. golden with a small ut lasting head. huge aroma of wildflowers, lychee, white grape, bursting with flavour, lots of juicy fruit, menthol and plentiful bitterness