overall
RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
The Brewer’s special blend of four unique malts including chocolate & carmel malt. A light taste of coffee with a sweet finish makes this one of our best selling beers.

thealcoholic (104) - Hilbert, Wisconsin, USA - APR 10, 2002
i am home on leave and i tried this. it is made in the town i grew up in and damn i love it. it has a distinct chocolate taste. this is the best beer in america. and its not made by budweiser

CrotchMonkey99 (40) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 6, 2002
excellent beer...delicious chocolately aftertaste...one of the best and straight from my home town Chilton, Wisconsin...yeah baby

mxzxman99 (6) - USA - DEC 28, 2001 does not count
calumet dark is one of the finest beers i have ever had this one is hard to beat

belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - DEC 6, 2001
This is definitely one of my favorite stouts. Now I just have to figure out how to get some more.

mjbmxz99 (1) - USA - NOV 28, 2001 does not count
i have had many a rowlands beer, and other fine beers, but this here beer takes the cake, and then some

THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 23, 2001
Though I do love this beer, I have to re-rate it. The last few times I had it, it wasn’t as good. And even with that it is still one of my favorites.

The Friar99 (222) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 18, 2001
It’s damn good. The chocolate malt is the most prominent flavor and then there are the caramel undertones. When combined I would almost think that some celestial being came to earth to brew it. And it comes in a sweet 1/2 gallon jug. Finally, something good comes from Chilton. It’s perfect for a night on the town.

Got Stout? (173) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 18, 2001
UPDATED: APR 4, 2005 With my stunted vocabulary joined with a refined palate, it leaves me incredibly frustrated coming across a beer like this. I absolutely loved the complexity and chewy goodness, but I cannot describe it! Figs, pine, chocolate, ashes... They play chess in my mouth. Drink of the God(s)!!!

Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - APR 9, 2001
This beer is a good one. Very dark and chocolately after taste. Comes in pretty half gallon glass jugs. Straight from Chilton Wisconsin.

Beer Wench99 (1) - Beer Maids Heaven, Wisconsin, USA - APR 9, 2001 does not count
I liked this beer very much. This is my first beer that was not an American macro. Very good on draught.