Brewed by Moonshine Brewery
Style: Premium Bitter/ESB
Fulbourn, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 2.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Cask; Status uncertain.
Tradiotional India pale ale with a flowery hop aroma and strong hop flavours complemented by a rich bitterness.

Most RecentTicked By

Joeh (2049) - Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - MAY 6, 2005
Cask @ Reading Beer Festival. Fruity, fresh beer with sour malt and bitterness. Not bad at all.

duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 3, 2005
[email protected] BF. Green apple nose. Boiled veggies/raw malt, with an acidic sourish edge, citrus in the finish, i’m hoping the beer was just in bad condition and it was not meant to be this way.

DanielBrown (4528) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - MAY 2, 2005
Gravity at Reading Beer Fest, with Kook, Duff, Chris_o and Joeh. Spicy, sharp and reasonably harsh beer. Tastes big and strong. Fairly smooth, but did tend to stop me in my tracks. Not hoppy so much as sharply malty. Not for me - a sub Barley Wine.

chriso (7586) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 1, 2005
This was styled as a "traditional" IPA and it seems this may have been brewed previously at 4.0%, so I don’t know whether this is a one-off, or a change of recipe. I thought this was pretty decent. Despite my cold, I picked up plenty of hop in the aroma with some resinous notes on the nose. I didn’t get the sour apple that Kook remarks on, although the flavour was certainly moderately bitter , maybe a little sharp. True its not a blockbuster in the US style, but I didn’t have any complaints. Attractive copper colour. Cask (gravity), Reading Beer Festival 2005.

kook (2033) - Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA - MAY 1, 2005
Sour green apple aroma. Dark copper in colour. Hoppy earthy flavour present but is dominated by a sour apple taste. Mild caramel there too. Thin in body. Dissapointing.