Cantillon Don Quijote

overall
Formerly brewed at Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.32/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A fruit lambic brewed with Italian grapes similar to Concord grapes or Fox grapes (Vitis Labrusca) exclusively for Goblin Pub and Livingstone Club - Florence - Italy.

DaSilky1 (2608) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 5, 2011
The best smelling beer on the planet. Takes me back to those concord grape pies they make in naples, ny and adds an orgasm and ass fingering to the mix.super sour and grapey and lots of funk underneath just like the funk I’ve got underneath. Purpley white pour, opaque..inviting. brisk sourness painted with the most vivid grape flavors known to man..simply orgasmic in all was...I could drink this nonstop for the rest of my life. Seriously, this beer is what I have been searching for my entire life. Perfection.

dionysus (1486) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 25, 2011
Bottle generously shared by BOLTZ7555 during AZRBWG. Pour is murky pomegranate/pink with a white head. Aroma is amazing with great fruit acidity mingling with some awesome funk. Notes of cherry, lemon, grape, oak, and vinegar encompassed by one of the most intriguing funks my nose has ever had the pleasure of smelling. Flavor shows the same. This is the type of beer that I didn’t want to drink, I just wanted to go in the corner and make love to it. Thanks BOLTZ!

BOLTZ7555 (3127) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 26, 2011
UPDATED: NOV 13, 2011 Bottle acquired via trade with daknole and shared @ RBWG...Dak you ROCK!!! Honestly, I love sours but have never seen/appreciated the wizardry of Cantillon. All prior brews were so jaw-locking that I didn’t really enjoy them. This one has made me reconsider and has opened my eyes to what this brewery can do. Popped the cork on this one and immediately noticed the fragrant aroma. I was awe-struck...this is the best smelling sour I have ever had the pleasure of inhaling. Incredible grape, tart cherry skin, lemon pith, and balsamic vinegar make their way to the nose. Extremely bright fruit presence, minimal funk in the aroma. Visually, this one was watermelon in color with a nice wispy white head. Solid carbonation. Beautiful. Flavor is vastly different that the aroma (and reading the ratings, it appears that everyone’s perception was skewed based on where in the bottle you got a sample). Tons of funk, horse blanket, and lemon Jolly Rancher accompany raspberry, grape, and wild cherry. Extremely acidic. Could drink this all day, every day. Truly incredible!!! BUMP!!!

Dunt (321) - Illinois, USA - JUN 23, 2012
Been waiting a long time for this day. My biggest personal whale for as long as I can remember. Pours a cloudy pinkish brownish red...kinda resembles a grapefruit in color actually. Small white head of tight, white bubbles. Nose is explosive fruit, specifically a mix of welch’s grapes and grapefruit. I don’t know where people were getting the shit/dirty diaper notes on this before, I think this smells amazing. Doesn’t have as much of the Cantillon funk I expected. Flavor is incredibly tart, there is still a good amount of grape present, but I’ve been told its faded quite a bit since the last bottle the group had opened. There is some light lemon, but again, a lot less than a typical Cantillon offering. Light mouthfeel, good acidity, good carbonation, and a long finish. Such a great experience! I was skeptical that it wouldn’t hold up to the hype, but this beer is incredible. I think I need to follow through on getting one for the cellar. Thanks for going after this guy with me Ethan and Chris!

knickskicks (1168) - - NOV 26, 2015
750 ml. Hazy reddish pour. Nose is cheesy, passionfruit, red grapes. Taste is very jammy, berries, vinous, very tart. Full mouthfeel. Lingering tart jammy finish. Taste isn’t as complex as the nose but still probably the best fruited lambic I’ve had.