overall
Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Gueuze
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 1891   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The world's classic Gueuze. A blend of one, two, and three year-old lambics creates a second fermentation in the bottle. The champagne of Belgium. In contrast, the Lou Pepe Gueuze is a blend of three 2-year-old lambics.

Newer vintages are labeled "Organic Gueuze", "100% Lambic Bio" or "Classic Gueuze".

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
sleepylopes (318) - New York, USA - APR 15, 2008
looks like white wine, and that is not the only thing the 2 have in common. the barrel aginag gives the lambic some simmilar notes and they are qualy tart. the gueuze has a bit of a butteryness to it as well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
tlind2 (1639) - Helsinki, FINLAND - APR 14, 2008
Pale golden color, no head. Aroma of blackcurrant leaves. The taste is tangy and crisp, with wonderful sourness. Not a beer youd drink through an entire evening, but a pure delight every now and then.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
highibus (817) - Vail, Arizona, USA - APR 13, 2008
UPDATED: APR 9, 2010 Rerate - this bottle pours with a really cool swirly ribbon in the middle of the beer. Extremely tart nose with some spice. light color with thin white head. Nice tangy flavor that makes you pucker. But so good. Much different than the last one I had, hence the rerate. Very nice!! Pours a fairly clear straw color into my glass. No real head to is and definitely no lacing. Aroma is nice of spice and twang. Flavor continues the twang, which is nice. But for some reason there seems to be a mustiness too. Although this is my first gueuze I dont think that is common. It gets a little less musty with letting it sit. Interesting flavor. A little sour and a little crisp. No bad, I wish I could score it higher, but something just tastes a little off. Not bad, just off. I think I might like the style will have to try more.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - APR 13, 2008
My first gueuze... I will be returning to the store tomorrow for more! Light golden with minimal head; not as hazy for me as others reported. I think this was a new bottle. Fresh, vinegary, grapey aromas and a little wood. Tart smelling. Very crisp taste with pleasant sourness and a dry finish, but not puckeringly so. Delightful on the palate. I am hooked.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hoplover406 (204) - Crofton, Maryland, USA - APR 7, 2008
750ml.Bottle. Label has the picture of the dude drinking in a chair. Dont know how old this bottle is, but im guessing its pretty young. Pours slightly hazy pale gold/straw with thin fizzy head. Settles to a clear pale gold. Aroma: Light barnyard funk, leather, must, oak, grapeskin. Nice. Flavor is sharp, tart and funky. Dry finish and a bit harsh. Too young?? Ok. What a fantastic style of beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mistersinalin (381) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 6, 2008
Although the bottle that we bought didnt look like the labels to the left, I have confirmed this was the Gueuze that we tried. This was very crisp and you could taste the oak. Not too sour, but a nice tart bite. We shared this some family members who were introduced to and know enjoy Gueuze.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
lowry99 (14) - USA - APR 1, 2008
On tap. If you are prepared for it to be a touch more sour than some you will not be disappointed. I have found little variance from Cantillon bottle to bottle (in a good way) but the tap is slightly better than both.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
beerheart (237) - Erie, Colorado, USA - MAR 29, 2008
Organic Gueze. Pours a hazy orange with little head. Strong aroma of vinegar and hay. Sits sour on the palate. The taste has hints of dried orange peels, vinegar, maybe aged cheese. Very nice. This is the third gueuze Ive tried this year, and Ive become enamored of the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Blom (837) - Odense, DENMARK - MAR 26, 2008
Hazy amber with a low head. Acidity and sour aroma of sweat and vinegar. The flavour is very dry and brut-like with strong notes of vinegar. Its pretty violent on your throat, as expected, but still drinkable and actually quite nice!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Maverick34 (3124) - New York, USA - MAR 24, 2008
Bottled from the brewery, Sour and guzzy, etc. I guess its good but I got to say Im not a geuze fan.