overall
Brewed by Cantillon
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Brussels, Belgium

RATINGS: 973   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Vigneronne is a blending muscat grapes and lambic, the brewers and beer merchants produced the "druivenlambik" (grapes lambic). White grapes soaked in lambic. The fructose, which abounds in these fruits, enables us to make a beer which is more mellow than the Gueuze or the other fruit beers. The spontaneous fermentation, the ageing in the barrels for several years and the addition of grapes make it a distant cousin of certain white wines. Changed name from Druivenlambik in 1987.

GodOfThunder (1271) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAY 15, 2009
Thanks be to Cheeseman. One of my favorite Cantillon brews. Sour lemons, grapes, pears and peaches in the arom. Flavor is more of the same, with a great funk and great fruitiness making it very easy to drink.

arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 12, 2009
750ml bottled 12/24/08, I think it was $18. Orange, still, not many bubbles. It smells pretty great, funky lambic with a taste that follows suit and adds a acidic sourness but muted. It has a kind of syrup quality to the feel, funky. This was an interesting lambic but I’m not sure my palate was up to the challenge as I really didn’t taste the muscat grapes other than a faint hint of Diet-Rite white grape soda. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 05-11-2009 00:22:54

noompa (130) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2009
On tap @ Map Room. Hazy orange w/ a greenish tint; very Gueuze like, Muscat grapes evident, extremely sour; subtle, complex nose; finishes dry w/ a ton of sea salt. Nicely done.

jesperhammer (5017) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - APR 28, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 25, 2012 17-JUL-2012, bottle @home, from "Ølbutikken", shared with Morten. Had to try this again. First sour I rated, and I dumped it then. Since then a lot has happened to my taste buds:-) This time... ...Very delicious. Funny how I fokus much more on the exotic fruity stuff and the grapes now. It is barnyard-like but certainly fruity as well. What a nice brew:-) Sorry for rating you so low the first time. My mistake. ************** Bottle at Ølbaren, 27-APR-2009. Maybe I should not rate this at all. I do not get this:-( I love beer, I love wine, but what is this? It smells like a diaper. Merde de poule would make it sound more interesting, but it still smells very bad. Hazy orange with no head. Sour sour citrus and grape fruit. I would love to learn to like lambics, but I am far from that. I feel like I am not mature enough or wise enough to appreciate this, but still it smells like s...

j12601 (13304) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - APR 24, 2009
On cask at Spuyten Duyvil at their Cantillon & de la Senne event. Pours a hazy golden amber with a medium white head. Aromas of candy, and buttered popcorn. Slightly puzzling. Medium bodied with sweet wine notes. Finishes light with a very sweet sour. Got less exciting as I progressed through the glass, but it wasn’t terrible.

danielcurtis81 (1519) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 24, 2009
Bottle. Loads of oaked muscat on the nose. A slight vinegar-ness too. Pours a cloudy lighter peach/cider hue. Decent bubbles at first but they fade. Flavors of a dry white wine. Moderately tart. Mouth is dry with a medium strong effervescence. Decent. Haven’t ventured too much into the Lambics yet, this may be my first rating.

Hank1980 (966) - Athens, Georgia, USA - APR 22, 2009
Bottle shared at tasting. Pours a cloudy gold with white head. Bottle may have been a little off, as this poured a little more like a viscous syrup. Mouth wasn’t too sticky, but probably not normal either. Aroma is tart and fruit with some wood notes. Fruit is pretty tart. Taste is also of tart fruit and some acetic and wood notes. Overall, a good brew from a bottle that may have been a little off.

That1Guy (2241) - Colorado, USA - APR 19, 2009
Crushed with Jakebra at Falling Rock. Very interesting. Nose does not give a hint of what the flavor leads to. Deffinite wine and gueuze tendencies. Grapes give a great tart flavor. Pretty sexy brew. But with Cantillon I expect sexiness.

Rciesla (5607) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - APR 5, 2009
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2011 Bottle 2004 750ml. Pours a hazy bronze pale golden body with a white thin lacing. Citric and lactic acid, hints of wood and tart lemon and grapes. Tart and sour and very enjoyable. Bottle 2009 served in 2011. Pours a hazy golden body with thin white head, low carbonation but decent enough for just a few years. Sour herbal notes, funky grape skins. Earthy and dry body with faint grape skins. Nice mouth watering horse blanket funk. Honey and grapes with a hint of wheat. Very dry hop resins. Light oak with a modest acidity that bites quite a bit. Very nice. 3.9-4.0. Bottle 1997 severed in 2009 was incredible probably 4.4 or above however i don’t have any notes.

nightrider (754) - encinitas, California, USA - APR 4, 2009
Pour from the bottle gave a nice golden color with a white head. Aromas of sourness and fruit. Very tart and medium on your tongue. Flavors of oak, grapes, and yeast. Very tasty dry finish. Good beer for sure.