overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 139   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 111   ABV: 3.7%

1.3
bhensonb (15195) - Woodland, California, USA - MAY 24, 2009
Bottle from BevMo in Natomas. Pours very pale gold with a foamy white head. Aroma is grainy/paper. Body isn’t thin. Except for a whisp of skunk, it’s clean and fairly tasteless. So’s water, and that don’t have skunk. Not always cheaper though.

1.3
BeerandBlues2 (13323) - Escondido, California, USA - SEP 12, 2004
Golden with loads of bubbles. Aroma is sour and stale. Flavor, what little there is, is almost sweet like grapes. Palate is watery and smooth. I only made it through half of this before it was dumped.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - MAY 11, 2004
(Bottle) Pours a pale yellow color with a foamy white head. Flavor of corn and malt.

0.8
hopscotch (11101) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 9, 2006
Bottle... 2006 Corn Holler party, Burkittsville, MD... Clear, straw-colored lager with a mid-sized, frothy, white head. Big time lightstruck aroma. Beneath the skunk, there’s some grain. Too sweet, corny flavor. Not a whole lot of alcohol, but I taste every bit of it. Medium-bodied and fizzy. Mercifully short, crisp finish.

1.4
marcus (10227) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAY 29, 2009
This clear yellow beer poured with a generous white head and a skunky aroma like you would encounter in a dive bar. This beer has no taste. Why would anyone drink it?

SudsMcDuff (8429) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JUL 24, 2009
pours a light gold .. . pretty nice foam presence .. . reminds me of walking naked .. . very similiar to corona, just not as skunky.. . is a simple lager, no frills, just meant to refresh when its 96 outside ... . come to me you beautiful little creature of the night!! .. . thanks judes

bytemesis (8411) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JAN 25, 2013
Bottle. Pours clear pale yellow with a small creamy white head that slowly dissipates with surprisingly nice lacing. Aroma is grain, urine, paint thinner, touch of acetone. Flavor is less gross than aroma, sweet corn syrupy, with grain, grass, and off notes as above. Not so good, but the lacing means a decent appearance score :)

PorterPounder (7970) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUN 27, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 28, 2003 Had this is a side by side horizontal tasting with Arriba (another La Constancia product) to see if they are the same products and my conclusion is no, they are not. Both have the same skunked aroma, light almost clear appearance (an extra point added for the painted bottle) but the flavor is different - this one has a bit of a dusty muted malt flavor. Turns metallic near the end. But the bottle would look nice sitting in a bucket of ice on a beach.

0.8
motelpogo (7704) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - SEP 5, 2005
bottled. pretty damn pale and yellow. faint lemon aroma and plain flour flavour. apparently a lot of this is going to be appearing on sheves in australia and it’s going to be marketed as the new corona. which it is

1.2
Ernest (7696) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 22, 2014
Bottle. Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is light yellow. Aroma is lightly to moderately malty (cereal, grain, husks), with notes of creamed corn, DMS, and concrete. Flavor is moderately sweet, trace bitterness. Finish is lightly to moderately sweet, lightly bitter, slightly unclean, husky. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. I decided to go with something exotic for review #6000. It’s 2014, am I right? I’m done fucking around. I really am. I mean, come on...I visited Lithuania last year. I hate to sound arrogant, but I’ve moved up to a certain elite level here, so I can’t sit around sampling ordinary shit anymore. I need special shit. I need mystical shit. I need shit brewed by Aztec warriors, or at least someone with a cool accent. And perhaps the only other country that is bringing the noise with the same volume as Lithuania is...nope, not Bangladesh, not Burkina Faso...but El Salvador. "El Salvador?!", you’re saying. "Where the fuck is that, in Albania or something?" Nope, dumbass...it’s in Guyana. "Who?" Get a frickin’ map, dude...just look up Africa and follow the dots. Anyway, I had to special order an entire case online (not from Aztecs, sadly, but the invoice said the order was filled by someone named Aswan, so close enough), but I finally got it. We’ll get to the "how long should I cellar it?" kinds of questions later. Let’s have a gander. Man, just look at this beautiful 16th century screen-printed bottle! Where am I, in a fucking time machine?! Hell yeah, dog! It even says "Pura Cerveza" right on it. For those who don’t speak Latin, that means "Perfect Quality". Perfect. Think about that for a bit, let it sink in. "Perfect"...awww yeahhhh...stings, don’t it? Take the pain, brother. The raw, worty Lithuanian character that I’ve become attached to is admittedly *close* to perfect, but you know what? Close don’t cut it no more. I’m a beer geek, for fuck’s sake. CANTINA. That’s what I’m talking about. No cheap twist-off cap here, you gotta have one of those shark-shaped bottle openers to even get into this. You gotta have good taste too. Luckily I do, so I’m all up in this, you feel me? It’s in a clear bottle so you can see just how perfect the quality is, and also how much is left in there. That’s pura pura, baby. But let me tell you, however much is left ain’t enough for me. I need to get some more, so y’all just sit tight.