overall
RATINGS: 318   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A deep golden color leads one to an extremely flavorful, yet very drinkable beer of great character. Treat this malt monster with respect! Available March and April.

Wisco1987 (4) - - JUL 10, 2013 does not count
Amazing Platinum Blonde Dopplebock! I have had the privilege to taste beers from around the world from Munich to Prague to Bangkok. This is truly one of the beers you must try before you die.

aobecksy (700) - Middle of no where, Ohio, USA - JUL 29, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 29, 2003 Among the best I have ever had...Tastes like a tripple. Now on at least two occassions I am like "wow"---A rating I am sure will will roll eyes of our "most-learned" raters!!!

SpecialSauce (47) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 13, 2005
Pours smooth, with an average head that diminishes at a moderate pace. It’s golden amber in appearance, slightly cloudy with virtually no lacing. The flavors of honey and cloves hint at a white chocolate flavor. Palette is sparkly yet smooth, like most Capital beers I’ve tried. The flavor is complex, sweet and clovey which turns slightly bitter only to finish smooth

Dament (3) - Seaside, California, USA - AUG 19, 2013 does not count
A perfect way to celebrate spring!!! A Great Dopplebock...worth a trip to Wisconsin!!

schaefjw99 (2) - Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 5, 2002 does not count
One of my top 5 beers.............................................

madislandman (3) - USA - FEB 5, 2003 does not count
Except to note the great golden color with hint of amber, I'll leave the detailed descriptions to others. This is simply the best malt liquor I've ever tasted! (A rose by any other name . . . ;>)

redmosquito (172) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - APR 23, 2005
Yum. Golden to copper in color with a lacey white head. Light caramel malt and spicey yeast fill the nose. Flavor is so clean. Malty, pilsen and caramel, just a light hint of toast in the finish. Hop character is very subdued, just adding some bitterness. The yeast is spicey, a just noticable ester that I’ve really come to look forward to in the Capital Bocks. This beer is smooth and totally hides the alcohol with its sweet malt charater. Another great lager from Capital.