overall
RATINGS: 85   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
This is the first trial of a Cream Ale that has an infusion of hops added to it in the lagering stage. We are trying to create a beer where the aroma and flavor are very hop forward, yet the finish remains smooth and non-bitter.

That1Guy (2236) - Colorado, USA - NOV 30, 2012
Jakebra hooked me up with this one. 12 oz bottle pours a clear amber with a bit of a lasting head. Metallic aroma. Flavor of metal and wet cardboard. Yeah, oxidized as hell. Bummer.

MaltOne (368) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 25, 2012
Fits a unique nitch in the spectrum. After hefty Thanksgiving indulgence, I was looking for something to cleanse the palette, but I’m not fond of overwhelming hops. The idea here is hops with a smooth finish - basically it works. Pours a pale golden wheat color with a slight haze, white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma is faintly floral hops. Taste is lightly bitter - a mildly peppery hops and finish is clean with a faint lingering dry/ flavor that I can’t quite identify. Overall - drinkable and refreshing, needs a liitle more finesse.

nick76 (4399) - Tampa, Florida, USA - NOV 17, 2012
The aroma is rather plastic and herbal with hints of corn and paint. The appearance is golden with an average head. The taste is not like the aroma being much better with a great balance of hops and bread malt. The palate is smooth. Overall a nice drinking beer!

ccex (1313) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 5, 2012
12 oz bottle pours a golden amber with a moderate white head and some lacing. Aroma is floral hops, ginger, licorice, crem, and pepper. Taste is slightly bitter. Light to medium body with a lively mouthfeel (due to carbonation and spices). This is not at all what I expected, but quite pleasant anyway

pkbites (946) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 30, 2012
This is why I like micro brewers: they have the balls to experiment with things. I’m not rating this real high because I find it overall mediocre. But I give the brewer great credit for trying different things. When Miller or Bud even attempts to do anything even slightly different, they put a different label on it to hide their name (like Millers "Plank road brewery" B.,S.) Cowards. Like putting Alan Smithy as the director of your film. for shame!!!! I’m not a big cream ale fan. But adding a bunch of hops to an otherwise dry, flat, flavorless cream ale is actually a good idea, IF you ask me! Corny, creamy aroma, average yellow pour, pussy wimp head, dry/quick finish flavor with a decent hop aftertaste.

Bacterial (2999) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - OCT 22, 2012
This is a love it or hate it beer I think. Its easy drinking and smooth with a very nice hop profile both in the nose and in the taste. Smooth and hoppy are quite nice!

agent_511 (157) - - OCT 19, 2012
Very nice beer. Pours a very clear gold with a moderate head. Spicy-floral hop aroma, no esters. The spicy-floral hops are also notable in the flavor. Some numbing and carbonic bite in the palate. Very mild bitterness in the finish.

tricyclist (1125) - Florida, USA - OCT 16, 2012
From notes - I remember being surprised with this one. Pint pour of golden straw with a full one and a half finger head. Nose is full of spiciness, sweet cream, perhaps ginger, and notes of anise and black licorice. Flavor is similar with sweet cream, light malt, anise and black licorice, honey, ginger, all with a light crispness from hops. light medium body and smooth.

dimenhetfield (2486) - , Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2012
12oz bottle poured into glass. Wasn’t sure about this one when I saw it on the shelf but I decided to give it a shot. The aroma smells sort of like mexican food. The mix between the cream and hops just doesn’t seem to work, for me at least. The flavor isn’t all the bad but I can’t get past the aroma.

twindadplus2 (714) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 3, 2012
Clear yellow gold color with a thin white head. Mild aroma of creamy malt, grain and a light touch of hops. Flavor is herbal and citrus with a light, malty background. Light to medium bodied