overall
RATINGS: 349   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A solid, malt emphasized lager, the firey hued richness perfectly balanced by clean hop bittering.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - APR 18, 2004
This is truly a great beer made by an awesome brewery. Its a shame I'm not closer to Wisconsin. I'd consume everything they put out. Amber was a terrific beer. Great Taste. Good head out of bottle. Smooth, sweet and hoppy all at the same time. If you haven't had this one you're missing out.

pkbites (947) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 22, 2005
Thick head with a creamy, golden hue to it. This brew is extra malty. There are hops but they’re hidden in the back by the robust maltyness. A little more after taste would be nice. This is rather similar to Sprecher Special Amber, though I like this one better!

TechMyst (167) - Fox River Grove, Illinois, USA - SEP 20, 2006
COST: $1.79/12Oz. Bottle
HEAD: Off-white; virtually none
LACE: Virtually none
COLOR: cloudy dark orange
AROMA: Light-roasted nuts; moderate-Hops; Slight-orange; light-dough
MOUTHFEEL: light to medium
PALATE: dry, fizzy
TASTE:
START-lightly sweet
MIDDLE-moderately bitter/sweet
FINISH-moderately bitter; average duration
COMMENTS: Very refreshing. Full, deep character. Definitely impressed
CONDITIONS:
MOWING/WORKING ON CAR-If I have the cash
WITH FRIENDS-Yes
SIPPING-y
GET MY BUZZ ON-y

scrawfis (143) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - APR 16, 2001
Wow! I have to say I’m surprised by this. Floral smells envelope this amber ale. At first taste, more floral accents followed by a great balance of amber type malting and hops.

Capitalboy (1) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 9, 2005 does not count
Hi All, I would rate the Capital Amber over the ambers from Sprecher and New Glarus! and the rest of the Wisconsin Micros Wine man59

soundwave81 (1) - - JUL 6, 2012 does not count
Sweet, palatable, easy finish. Wish we had it down in NC, one of my favorites. Similar to leinenkugel with the flavor notes and high quality.

soth13 (3) - Richfield, Minnesota, USA - NOV 14, 2011 does not count
Much tastier then Nordeast or Yuengling! Great early fall beer. Lots of sweet malty flavor balanced with great hops that doesnt overpower.

robobeerbelly (78) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 15, 2013
I’m a big fan of amber beers and i’m kinda picky about them too. One of the better ambers i’ve had the oppurtunity to drink. I’d would definately recommend it.

MOboy (504) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 26, 2002
To say the least, this beer kicked ass. I love it’s strong malt backbone and wonderful almost chewy mouthfeel. This beer I could drink and drink and not get tired of. I knew they could do something besides cheese.