overall
RATINGS: 344   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A solid, malt emphasized lager, the firey hued richness perfectly balanced by clean hop bittering.

soundwave81 (1) - - JUL 6, 2012 does not count
Sweet, palatable, easy finish. Wish we had it down in NC, one of my favorites. Similar to leinenkugel with the flavor notes and high quality.

soth13 (3) - Richfield, Minnesota, USA - NOV 14, 2011 does not count
Much tastier then Nordeast or Yuengling! Great early fall beer. Lots of sweet malty flavor balanced with great hops that doesnt overpower.

robobeerbelly (78) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 15, 2013
I’m a big fan of amber beers and i’m kinda picky about them too. One of the better ambers i’ve had the oppurtunity to drink. I’d would definately recommend it.

Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 22, 2001
I thought that this was a very refreshing brew. I liked it.................

MOboy (510) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JAN 26, 2002
To say the least, this beer kicked ass. I love it's strong malt backbone and wonderful almost chewy mouthfeel. This beer I could drink and drink and not get tired of. I knew they could do something besides cheese.

HammsBear99 (22) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 8, 2002
This beer is very drinkable. I like its full body. One of the best ambers I've had the privilege of drinking.

dougd99 (11) - USA - NOV 23, 2002
Very good. One of the best beers in the area................................

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUN 25, 2003
Color of an average amber, orangey glow with a nice light frothy head that fizzles to lay around the top. Good smell of malt with a spice lightness of fresh hops. Tastes pretty good, sure had me fooled, I was expecting a watery version but it was pretty solid. Well balanced hop and malt flavors that settle into a teriffic solid pine finish with out being to strong or bitter. Good body, had nice little tingle in the mouth. The malt was pleasing. Very drinkable solid offering.

gws57 (1276) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - JUL 19, 2003
Had this on draught at Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is at least as good as any amber ale I've had. Beautiful rich dark amber color, minimal head and nose of roasted hops, smooth and very, dangerously, drinkable.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - MAY 17, 2003
Nice tall foamy tan head.Light amber color.Malty sweet aroma very hoppy.nice malt taste the hops really shine through on this one.Some what spicy,very nice hop after taste that seems to last for a long time.No wonder people are tripping over each other to get beer from this brewery they make a damn fine brew that is highly drinkable.