overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.22/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%

TheBeerLover (1027) - DC Metro Area, USA - FEB 22, 2007
Sampled on draught at the brewpub in Shirlington, VA. Very interesting and flavor example of biere de Garde, brewed with black pepper and ginger. This beer pours to murky, caramel color, with a thick, creamy, white head, and a moderate carbonation. The nose on this beer is spicy, with aromas of ginger, and crushed black pepper. The palate is firm, with good pale and toasted malt flavor, paired with a very evident, spicy/peppery back drop. This beer finishes with more pale and toasty malt up front, then ends with some spicy ginger and black pepper, paired with some warming heat. Very interesting, spicy, beer. You really can taste the black pepper in this beer. I enjoyed it, but it might be off putting for some. Makes a nice beer to match with a number of dishes on the Cap City menu.

blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - APR 27, 2005
intresting... a cloudy dark yellow/orange. The guy with the cigar next door killed any chance of getting an aroma. The taste was intresting and took me a few tries before I good figure out what i was drinking. A little sweet with a touch of citrus. Ok..

beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 24, 2006
Somewhat spicy, wafty on the nostrils. Hefty in appearance. One will probably do for this beer.

Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - APR 27, 2005
A pleasant little surprise from the folks at Cap City. Slightly sweet with just a twinge of hop at the very end.

Crash (549) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 3, 2005
GABF 2005: Pours yellowish with no head or lacing. I didn’t find much aroma in this beer. The taste was pretty much not there also. This may have been a light beer that was killed by others.

newbrewguy (145) - Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA - FEB 5, 2008
Didn’t realize "Biere de Garde" was it’s own style when I tried this, it was recommended by the bartender at the VA location. Poured a medium golden color, and a great spicy aroma as well as a great spiced flavor, I really enjoyed this beer.

brewersspot (97) - , California, USA - OCT 28, 2010
I had this beer a while back and from what I can remember I enjoyed it. I’ve had this at the pub/brewery so it was fresh. Nothing special about it is popping into my head at the moment.