overall
RATINGS: 167   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

blankboy (7662) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 26, 2013
Bottle [12oz]. Pours a slightly hazy yellow-gold with a large fluffy white head. Aroma of yeast, bready malt, light grassy hops, peas, salt, fruit and floral notes -- a touch odd. Slightly watery flavour of grain, grassy hops, bready malt, yeast and fruit. Average bodied. Kolsch is far from my favourite style but even I can tell this is a poor example of the style.

Miked1687 (608) - Buffalo, New York, USA - MAR 24, 2013
Poured from a bottle into closest I could find to be a kolsch glass. Gold pour, lively white head that thins out quickly. Smells almost like a belgian ale- spices, yeast, some faint hops. Tastes pretty bright with lemon up front, malty/spicy middle, and a very gentle bitter finish that gets followed up with some breadiness. Not bad.

Ontbeertaster (2362) - Ontario, CANADA - MAR 3, 2013
Bottle, pours a nice bright yellow, this is the most similar american kolsch to kolschs from koln that I have I had. It was nice, it had a good crisp flavour, I will buy this again

HighlanderOne (1313) - York, SC via NJ, South Carolina, USA - MAR 2, 2013
Poured from bottle. Aroma of lemon peel and grass. Light gold, white head. I taste citrus, floral hops along with toasted malt and sugar/spice notes. Dry and refreshing, lager-y feel. Well done.

Fech (291) - Parsippany, New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2013
My favorite style is kolsch and I am german. This is definitely not a kolsch brew although its not bad for what it is. Kolsch is crisp. This beer is creamy. Nice blend of spices just needs a new name.

Ernesto987 (6050) - Arizona, USA - JAN 28, 2013
lol, i bought this when out in milford at my GF’s house, didn’t even realize i didn’t tick it. Standar lightly hoppy smooth kolsch, a little too thick and oddly creamy for me, i like these extra crisp, it couldve been old however.

Aniela (4216) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JAN 24, 2013
Bottel in NYC sept 2012. Clear golden beer with a big offwhite creamy head. Malty, spicy, bready, citrus and hoppy aroma. Smiliar flavour.

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JAN 16, 2013
draft at Coles. Golden pour, Fruity & floral aroma. Swet floral flavor, Easy drinking kolsch. Nice take on the style

podey (638) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 14, 2013
Classic Kolsch, a better American representation than Goose Island. Drinkable with a light, smooth finish. Captain Lawrence does a great job.

redpooba (406) - Texas, USA - JAN 10, 2013
A light yellow-gold with a white head. This is a text-book Kolsch. It is crisp, clean, with very little lingering. Golden notes through the body.