overall
Brewed by Carlsberg Brewery
Style: Pilsener
Copenhagen, Denmark

RATINGS: 1534   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Danish: Carlsberg er egentlig blevet en del af den danske kulturarv og den danske tørst.
Du oplever en harmonisk balance mellem bitterhed og sødmefulde æbler, mens du nyder den lyse gyldne farve med det flotte skum og duften af fyrretræ, strå, hasselnød og skovsyre. Ja, det er næsten som en forårsdag i Danmark. Og sådan klæder Carlsberg også det danske køkken hele vejen rundt.
Previously sold in the UK in gold coloured labels/cans as Carlsberg Export. The current UK Carlsberg Export is the same as the standard Carlsberg Export.

joesvendsen's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
joesvendsen (29) - USA - APR 16, 2008
bottles (2). ok flavor, though mine were quite bitter. i had a second one just to be sure, but i got the same impression. gotta love anything danish, though the color and head are lousy. didn’t really care for the aroma either.

dzenkalpic (86) - TURKEY - NOV 10, 2017
Yoğun alkol tadı, asidik. Asit azaldığında az metalik arpa tadı. Keskin olmayan koku.

Daboch (164) - Gdansk, POLAND - NOV 10, 2017
Typowy koncernowy lager. Jasnozłota barwa, piana biała, dość wysoka ale szybko znika. Aromat lekko słodowy, nie czuć chmielu. W smaku podobnie lekko słodowe, nijakie. Dobre tylko do gaszenia pragnienia.

1.2
equisetum (131) - Kielce, POLAND - OCT 16, 2017
W aromacie słód i skunks, trochę mokrego kartonu. W smaku skunks, woda, kiła i mogiła.

nickd717 (4886) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 15, 2017
Draft at SAD- I mean SAS- "gold" lounge. So you made it all the way to the land of the top beer tickers. And to celebrate that, we're rewarding you with... drum roll please... Carlsberg! And when you get tired of that, we have... get ready for it...Carlsberg! And we'll top that off with our final selection...Carlsberg! One beer here and it's the most boring beer in Denmark. So, it pours clear golden yellow on draft with a quickly fading white head. Aroma is boring, light, grainy, maybe a bit o honey if you really strain your nose. Flavor is a typical Euro pale. Slightly sweet and dull, just a touch of nondescript hop bitterness. Light, fairly fizzy. What is the point of this? I guess every country needs one. This one has little to differentiate it from the others. But in the Danish spirit, hey, it's a tick!

Mariox (337) - Warsaw, POLAND - OCT 14, 2017
Backlog, ocena wystawiona na podstawie wspomnień z degustacji oraz przepisana z profilu na Untappd. Słabiutkie

Cimbasso (1007) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - OCT 2, 2017
Sampled on draught at Kanal Kafeen opposite Borgen, the Danish parliament building. Typical nondescript lager. Appearance is fine, but no aroma to speak of, taste is what you would expect, and the aftertaste has a rather unpleasant chemical bitterness to it. A pretty poor commercial brew.

DavidSvinth (270) - DENMARK - SEP 11, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 11, 2017 Klassisk øl i DK. Den smager altså helt fint til en god frokost eller som fredagsøl. Den er også meget ensartet i smagen fra gang til gang.

AleTicks1 (1) - Wilmington, Ohio, USA - SEP 5, 2017 does not count
Light, Lively, and crisp. I like lagers and I that's why I rated it it above average, plus I'm Scandinavian! I bought a 16 ounce four pack at liquor barn in Elizabethtown, KY. I'm glad I did.

wimbo (1) - - SEP 4, 2017 does not count
Lekker fris bitter pils. Het smaakt naar meer. Het zit in een mooi groen blikje. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Piepenhenrich (1230) - Steinbach, GERMANY - SEP 2, 2017
Probably the best beer in the world? Best marketing for sure. It's a decent, refreshing, easy to drink beer, I won't deny that, but I think it is far from anything I would desire when having the best beer.