RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.73/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
We are making a beer for a Raleigh restaurant group called Hargett Street Ale. It is a cross between a Pale Ale and a Kolsch. We have bottled some and it is available at the brewery.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
emacgee (4658) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - NOV 21, 2011
Tasted @ The Pit in Raleigh. Pours sharp clean straw yellow with one finger of white head. Subdued nose with notes of wet hay and bread, slightly grassy. Flavor is pretty much the same, bready with slightly metallic hops and some grassy notes. Slight vegetal character. Light body and dry palate with a very light bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
chandler0201 (650) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 19, 2011
Straw color at pour with large white head with some lacing. Aroma of corn, and lager notes, very light beer. Flavor was its downfall, very metallic and watery. They should stick to "bigger" beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
OldGrowth (3363) - the Containment Area, North Carolina, USA - AUG 6, 2011
just when I think I’ve cleaned up all my old notes I find another, anyway pint at the Pit in Raleigh 11/03/10. Ok aroma, sweet, little citrusy/orange, little sourdough/yeast, little grassy. Clean golden orange color, Good head that faded quick, minor to no lace. Bitter flavor, lightly so. light body, creamy mouthfeel, light bitter dry finish. Eh, ok easy to drink beer, definaletly get a hint of the CBC pale, but I can see where they call it a kolsch. I’ve noticed lately a couple of the other restaurants in this group have put it on so you might bump into it in downtown Raleigh.