overall
Brewed by Cascade Brewery (CUB)
Style: Pale Lager
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

RATINGS: 20   MEAN: 1.97/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.11/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

Thylacine (526) - Tasmania, AUSTRALIA - JUL 30, 2007
Orange/gold with thin white head. Medium body and carbonation. Sweet, malty with a little more bitterness than the cascade lager. Another average Australian lager.

strappa (55) - Hobart, AUSTRALIA - JUL 6, 2005
Not really a bitter in the true sense of bitters but alot nicer then vb or melbourne bitter cheap 2

Nemo (100) - Fremantle, AUSTRALIA - JUN 29, 2004
Yellow-Golden in colouring with a small sized medium lasting head. Hints of maltiness and stale hops in the aroma. Not very bitter, but a corny/fruity flavour was evident in this unoffensive blandish drop.

JonR888710 (999) - Cochabamba, BOLIVIA - JUN 25, 2004
Had quite a few of these in a bar in Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia. Not very good. Tastes like macrobrewed Amerian crap. Not even bitter really. They aimed and missed with this one.

bfgill (120) - Tasmania, AUSTRALIA - OCT 11, 2003
I dont like this beer much, its a fairly inoffensive brew, but I dont think its got much going for it, seems a bit dirty to me. There are much better cascade beers. cheers

OlJuntan64 (1264) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - OCT 9, 2003
MGC under a medium small medium lasting snowy white head. Faint cornmeal malt and stale hops aroma. Thinnish light fizzy body. Light bitter hops and corn flavoured adjuncts. You can't normally get this in Western Australian and twas brought all the way across the country by my better half, Greater love hath no wife than to hunt for crap unrated beers while on her holidays in Tassie.

Fez (17) - AUSTRALIA - SEP 8, 2003
Good old Cascade 'red' has stood the test of time. Widely consumed by locals 'in the know'. Head struggles a bit at times, but overall a very god drop and one of the best Cascade beers in my book.

Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - AUG 10, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 21, 2003 mmmm, a fair tasting beer thats easy to drink. Not a harsh aftertaste and is a better bitter than VB or melbourne bitter due to the clean tassie water and fine brewers out at cascade. There are better beers in the cascade range.

farmboy (218) - Barwon Heads, AUSTRALIA - JUL 28, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2004 Went back to Tassie recently and had this beer in a stubbie and thought I'd better rerate it. It wasn't mind blowing by any means but I really enjoyed throwing this one down. Perhaps it was the 2 hour bushwalk I did in the Hartz Mountains and this was the first beer I'd had afterwards, but it went down nicely. I had two more and enjoyed them as well. Took a six-pack home with me on the plane.

0.8
Sully (1380) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 4, 2003
Oh wow, I get to be the first to review this. What an honour, I can be the first to discuss its body, hop aroma, balance of malt to bitterness and all those other words that I need to include to make sure that ratebeer lets me make a valid assessment. The only bugger is that none of these qualities apply to this beer. Who drinks it? If this is a family beer perhaps half of Tasmania, but not me. Fiji Bitter and a Carlton Sterling blend spring to mind.