overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 366   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81/5   EST. CALORIES: 220   ABV: 7.33%
This NW style sour ale blends wheat & blond ales that were oak aged in barrels for 6 mths, then additionally aged 4 mths on fresh blueberries. Huge herbal notes of dense blueberries in the nose give way to hints of oak & a dusty floral note. Rich earthy notes of dark fruit on the palate lead to a tart finish that dries out to a base note of blueberry skins.

rougeau13 (3132) - Richmond, Texas, USA - AUG 4, 2016
Bottle at Sparkling City on Tap. Dark reddish purplish body with small off-white/pinkish head. Aroma of sour fruit, blueberries and a hint of oak. Medium bodied and a touch dry. Fruity and sour tasting, but also sweet. Very nice.

Fatehunter (2582) - Corbett, Oregon, USA - AUG 2, 2016
Thin head on red body. Blueberry and sour . Taste is mild sweet blueberry and grain. Texture is crisp and fizzy.

cgarvieuk (25278) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUL 15, 2016
Bottle at home.... Deep red brown... Thin white lacing.. Tart funk Berries nose.. Big juicy tart blueberries.. Long soft funk finish...blueberries finish

Stuu666 (14149) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUL 15, 2016
Bottle at james’s. Pours deep purple ruby, nose is blueberry, oak, jammy, toffee, taste is dry, oaky, tart blueberry , sweet, little fizzy.

allmyvinyl (10835) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUL 15, 2016
Bottle shared with Stuu666. 8.23% precisely. Pours hazy red - purple with no head. Quite attractive colour though. Aromas of sour fruit, blueberry, faint wood. Taste is sour, minerals, blueberry. Very fruity. Dry finish.

bluejacket74 (1993) - Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA - JUL 4, 2016
750 ml corked and caged bottle, 2015 Project, 8.23% ABV printed on label. Served in a Prairie Teku, the beer pours a slightly hazy reddish/purple color with about an inch light pink head that fizzled away quickly. Not much lacing at all. I like the aroma, the brew smells like tart fruit, oak, earthy funk, vanilla and some blueberries. For the most part I think the taste is similar to the aroma, but with some wheat/grainy malt noticeable. Also, I think the blueberry is stronger in the taste than it is compared to the aroma. It’s fruity and tart with some sweetness, too. Mouthfeel/body is light/medium, it has a good amount of carbonation and it’s easy and enjoyable to drink. I liked this brew a lot. It took a while for me to pull the trigger on buying this because of the price, but I’m glad I picked this up. I’ll have to try some of the other Cascade brews soon. $25.99 a bottle.

LinusStick (3484) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 20, 2016
Damn what a near perfect beer this is. Aroma was outstanding. Strong funk, vinegar and yeast. Pour was a nice dark red/near purple with a thin off white film for a head. Taste was, again, near perfection. Very strong sour fruit flavor that leaves no sweetness in. There’s an underlying fruitiness to it that was more blueberry skin (or even grape skin) without the flesh of the fruit, but this beer was all about mouth puckering sourness. Nice big strong carbonation that bit the cheeks. So great on so many levels.

drfabulous (8224) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - JUN 16, 2016
Bottle shared at Todd’s. Funky in nose like other Cascade beers. Sour acidity and blueberry.

lightbias (453) - USA - JUN 4, 2016
Cage and cork is always tricky, but this time was a breeze. A deft twist, a bit of gentle tugging at the cork, and I’ve got my response. - The release is imminent, apparently, and I barely catch the initial burst of beer in my glass when I pop the cork. Musky notes of dark fleshed fruits and oak spill from the neck, making aromatic promises that I desperately hope will come to fruition. - I tip the glass, the cool liquid floods my mouth and the skin on the nape of my neck rises in response. It’s always so amazing when a brew invites your whole body to the party. Tart and dry, each sip brings a fresh reaction from my tongue; my taste buds awash in sensation. Sip after sip, Cascade Brewing’s Blueberry is a deluge of bright, fresh fruits that redesign themselves to earthy, oak laden accents all within a single quaff. The metamorphosis does not stop there. The tang invests itself in my mouth, starting with my lips and gradually making its way along the edges of my tongue, and coming to rest only after the full swallow. What’s left is a delicious combination of oak, vanilla and fruit culminating in a dry, quick finish and leaving nothing but the desire for more. - Cascade’s Northwest Style Sours are worth every single penny I’ve paid for them. If only I had a lot more pennies.

beerplace (1801) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 30, 2016
On the 10th anniversary of Alibi Room. Pours a clear copper with a weak rose head. Aroma and taste are sour with fermented blueberry notes. Sour berries aftertaste.