overall
Benifontaine, France
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 244   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%

durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - APR 7, 2008
Pour is -- not surprisingly -- bright deep golden, transparent with bubbly white head and nice lacing. Grassy, slightly spicy, flowery, and a sharp/bitter hop aroma. My first sip was not what I expected, and I admittedly thought of malt liquor. But I do this beer no justice with such a comparison... I am a novice with this style. After a few sips, I was hooked. Same flavors as on the nose, but a little more floral and even a slight bit fruity in its undertones. Improves as it gets closer to room temp. It’s relatively subtle, but I really like this beer.

nefarious (220) - Waterford, Michigan, USA - MAY 30, 2008
vewry good! I guess my expectations were so low for this that I was soooo pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Very golden pour with a huge creamy head. wasnt big on the grassy and sharp aroma but what a great flavor. Grapes and slight fruit and mild hops. Would be wonderful session beer. I will have this again!

ajm (1072) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUN 30, 2008
Bottle recommendation from Sam at Stuffed Sandwich. I was impressed. I don’t go for this style usually, but what I found here was a cloudy... old-looking... gold with an equally moth-eaten head. Such a complex body: mold (in a good way), hop, gentle spice - sweeter than a clove, sweet yeast, wet wood. Almost fungal wood. I choose odd words because I must get across how pleasantly odd this tasted to me. If this bottle were ’garded’ any longer it would have turned to dust. Seemingly - it was actually a fresh bottle.

CanIHave4Beers (4184) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - MAY 4, 2010
Pours a hazy blonde color with a good head and good retention. The aroma is honey with a nice light spiciness and baguette just tons of fresh baked baguette. The flavor is very bready with some good yeastiness, generally dry but has a nice sweet honey flavor that kind of lingers. Really tasty stuff.

WVHouseofBeer (1067) - West Virginia, USA - JUL 11, 2010
Poured a dark, hazy golden color with a small white head that disappeared quickly. Sweet candy aromas of yeast, honey and butterscotch. Earthy sweet flavors of honey, spices and fruit. Finish is very dry with lively carbonation. A very well made beer from one of my favorite styles.

MaltDawg (1344) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - JAN 14, 2011
Date: 8/15/2010 Source:Other Grainy malty aroma. Slight chill haze golden straw with a fluffy white head. Malty (Munich malt?) flavor. Not fruity at all with little cellar character. Hop derived spiciness? Medium body and mouth feel with high carbonation. Nice malty beer and quite clean for the style. Not much cellar character more like a well lagered strong pale ale.

dtborelli (322) - Sacramento, California, USA - OCT 17, 2011
Castelian Biere de Garde Pours medium gold with a thick white head and ok retention. Aroma is bready and doughy with nice floral notes and mild banana esters. Very nice. Flavor is full bodied and crisp with nice floral notes and a heavy sweet breadiness. Mildly hopped to balance the sweetness. Really good.

MattH (863) - California, USA - OCT 26, 2011
Bottle. Gold Pour. Inch head. Subtle floral grassy fruity aroma. Taste is bready, fruity and slightly pleasantly sweet. Body is light. Carbonation is medium to heavy. Good beer.

AxlLives (288) - Maryland, USA - MAY 15, 2013
Tap pour - @ RHP. Pours yellow gold, nice medium white head. Tastes of beautiful cool malts, complex yeasts, and spicy hops. Good long bodied palate and great balance. Very good.

Hookemwahoo (13) - Texas, USA - JUN 5, 2013
Had this at Disney World of all places. Not your average blonde with malt and caramel notes, a slightly less sweet, but arguably more delicious blonde beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone