RATINGS: 70   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
This Belgian-style IPA is brewed using four malts, three hop varieties and is fermented with authentic Belgian Trappist yeast. Dry hopping this ale ensures a highly-hopped nirvana.

MetalNHopHead (1976) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - JUN 20, 2016
Hail Mary has an amber-orange color instead of a golden hue. My pour didn’t yield any head. The yeast notes had the typical spice and fruit notes of a Belgian Ale. I couldn’t pick up any hops. Body is smooth but on the the thin side.

rumproasts (5359) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 17, 2015
Tap. Amber orange with minimal head. Shitty ratings for this one seem to be the norm, but it’s not bad at all. Lightly sweet. Clove and other Belgian spice. Very light hops

Braudog (6716) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - NOV 17, 2014
Bottle. Pretty standard-looking beer, medium amber, quite still, no head. The aroma and flavors are enticing to me, and this is one of the few new invented styles that I actually like. With a Belgian-y, alcohol-laden backdrop, even a bit of yeast, but then the little kiss of American hop, I like it. (#5862, 11/17/2014)

Bartzilla (622) - La Mesa, California, USA - NOV 7, 2014
I bought this from the singles pile. Figured what’s to lose. $2 in this case. Not sure what the deal is with this. Not awful, but not something I’d ever buy again. This is the kind of Belgian beer you get from a chain pizza sort of place. I’ll finish my glass because I’m on a quest to get faded, but whatever. Not great, not terrible, not worthy.

tsadich (26) - Missouri, USA - NOV 5, 2014
What is this!? No I am going to be harsh here because it does not blend the styles well. Yes you get a faint smell of hops, but this is a Belgian style beer, no bright hops taste or flowery finish of hops. But its not a good Belgian either. I won’t purchase again.

ads135 (4607) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 11, 2014
Ok as an IPA, not impressive at all as a Belgian ale. The characteristic belgian yeast flavors are muted and inconsistent.

kdm1984 (814) - Missouri, USA - JUN 22, 2014
Tasting notes from 6/21 Joplin Macadoodles Beerfest: Normally not a fan of blending IPAs with Belgian elements, but this wasn’t so bad, if you like malt. Certainly not much in the hops department.

jeremyh70 (1103) - Missouri, USA - MAR 6, 2014
Hazy orange color with minimal head and lacing. Aroma is straight up grain and hop pellets. Taste has a little biscuit followed by hop pellets and an aggressive and sharp bitterness that borders on being astringent. Also get some musty and slight oxidized flavors. Finishes dry and bitter. Mouthfeel is thin with a medium carbonation. Flavors are sort of harsh and tastes like a mediocre home brew.

0.6
kaserk (55) - wdm, Iowa, USA - NOV 29, 2013
Drank out of the bottle at Flanerys in STL. I did not remotely enjoy this. Stinky and gross.

kaser (6312) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 29, 2013
Weird. Poured from bottle at flannerys. Super bitter. Fruity musty and off taste. Not sure what I think - not very enjoyable. Bananna and citrus taste just too bitter