RATINGS: 874   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecera Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Poured dark golden , no head, hop and pepper aroma, basically flat mouthfeel until the heat of the pepper hits you, awful stuff, the first beer I didn't finish

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - OCT 2, 2003
On opening, this beer had a skunky aroma and went glug..glug..glug when I poured it into the glass because the stem of the stupid pepper got stuck in the neck of the bottle. No head and a faint carbonation. The flavor was rather warm, vinegary and sickening, so I decided I didn't want any more. So, not wanting to damage the pipes, I took the rest of this beer out back and dumped it in the alley, and I hope the scent persuades the dog that keeps knocking over our trash cans to move to a different country.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 29, 2003
My friend owed me a six pack, so I got a mixed one at LiquorMart, I hadn't had anything from AZ, so I figured,"What the hell." Smells like Bud, looks like Bud. The initial flavor wasn't bad for a chili beer, I've had better. However, I developed a stomach ache fairly quickly after drinking this. Chili beers need to be a little more subtle than this, it's like drinking a dish of salsa that had a macro-lager spilled in it.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - SEP 29, 2003
I bought a bottle of this thinking, it can't be that bad can it, once again I'm wrong. poured a pale yellow with no head, taste was basically flat bud light with tabasco. only real flavor was the burning in my mouth, throat and the accompanying heartburn. I love spicy food, but this was just awful.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bu11zeye (13020) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 26, 2003
Bottle version: Ok I love hot and spicy food, but to drink a poor tasting beer that makes your throat burn is not my idea of a beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
egajdzis (6377) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2003 Poured a light golden color with no head at all. I gagged when I smelled the aroma. I had to hold my nose to take a sip. The taste just burnt my mouth. This was gross!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
JMerritt (1941) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - SEP 16, 2003
What better place to try this than at a beer festival. Only 50 cents! Light yellow in color with no head. Aroma was straight chili-peppers, like you put your nose in a pepperocini jar. Flavor is initially sweet, before the chili flavor hits, and ends salty. A decent spice kick lingers for quite a while. You know, this beer delivers what it promises: chili beer. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, and I can see where this would be great to have with Mexican food or for boiling spicy brats.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - SEP 16, 2003
It is what it says....chili beer! You smell it, taste it, taste it later, and it will stick with you for quite a while. It's good for what it is but, not something I'm going to look for all the time.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
stef92 (128) - Williamstown, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Absolutely the most disgusting "beer" I've ever put into my mouth. What was I thinking? I took one sip and almost puked my brains out. This stuff could make a great challenge on Fear Factor.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DavidP (1748) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 31, 2003
WTF
The only thing I can say about this stuff is that I managed to down my bottle and eat the whole pepper. It's basically Corona "dry-peppered" with a chili, which floats turd-like in the bottle.