RATINGS: 871   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecería Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

0.6
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Pale yellow, head like dishwashing soap. Smells like peppers. Go figure. I taste nothing but fire. My throat is burning! Totally undrinkable.

mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 8, 2003
I couldn't even finish my portion of this beer shared between four people. just plain awful. tastes like the juice from pickled jalepenos with alcohol. blech.

0.8
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Poured dark golden , no head, hop and pepper aroma, basically flat mouthfeel until the heat of the pepper hits you, awful stuff, the first beer I didn't finish

0.8
Jedsbrew (465) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - OCT 2, 2003
On opening, this beer had a skunky aroma and went glug..glug..glug when I poured it into the glass because the stem of the stupid pepper got stuck in the neck of the bottle. No head and a faint carbonation. The flavor was rather warm, vinegary and sickening, so I decided I didn't want any more. So, not wanting to damage the pipes, I took the rest of this beer out back and dumped it in the alley, and I hope the scent persuades the dog that keeps knocking over our trash cans to move to a different country.

0.9
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 29, 2003
My friend owed me a six pack, so I got a mixed one at LiquorMart, I hadn't had anything from AZ, so I figured,"What the hell." Smells like Bud, looks like Bud. The initial flavor wasn't bad for a chili beer, I've had better. However, I developed a stomach ache fairly quickly after drinking this. Chili beers need to be a little more subtle than this, it's like drinking a dish of salsa that had a macro-lager spilled in it.

0.6
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - SEP 29, 2003
I bought a bottle of this thinking, it can't be that bad can it, once again I'm wrong. poured a pale yellow with no head, taste was basically flat bud light with tabasco. only real flavor was the burning in my mouth, throat and the accompanying heartburn. I love spicy food, but this was just awful.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 26, 2003
Bottle version: Ok I love hot and spicy food, but to drink a poor tasting beer that makes your throat burn is not my idea of a beer.

egajdzis (6580) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2003 Poured a light golden color with no head at all. I gagged when I smelled the aroma. I had to hold my nose to take a sip. The taste just burnt my mouth. This was gross!

Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - SEP 16, 2003
It is what it says....chili beer! You smell it, taste it, taste it later, and it will stick with you for quite a while. It's good for what it is but, not something I'm going to look for all the time.

stef92 (128) - Williamstown, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Absolutely the most disgusting "beer" I've ever put into my mouth. What was I thinking? I took one sip and almost puked my brains out. This stuff could make a great challenge on Fear Factor.