RATINGS: 844   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecería Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

1.4
wulfhere (218) - Billings, Montana, USA - NOV 24, 2003
Bottle. Served in a restaurant in Northfield, Minnesota where it's cold as hell in winter. Looks like a Corona with a nice, innocent jalapeno in the bottom. I've eaten Jalapenos before--I even ate a pizza once that consisted on pizza crust, suace, cheese and an inch thick layer of jalapenos, so don't be misled and think that I'm one of those guys who just can't handle hot peppers and hates those who can. I LIKE heat. That said, this beer set my mouth on file like HELL on a hot day and there wasn't one goddam thing I could do to put out the flames! Don't buy this beer unless you consider putting your tongue on a red-hot burner element just antother way to have fun. Don't say you weren't warned.

beerslayer (753) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Well this is not good tasting but is hot. Get a bottle of jarred peppers and drink the water its in and there you have it chili beer same flavor.

Sickboy282 (1116) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Do not buyDo not buDo notDo not buy buy notDo not buy buy notDo not buy buy notDo not buy buy notDo not buy buy notDo not buy buy

0.6
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 29, 2003
Pale yellow, head like dishwashing soap. Smells like peppers. Go figure. I taste nothing but fire. My throat is burning! Totally undrinkable.

mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 8, 2003
I couldn't even finish my portion of this beer shared between four people. just plain awful. tastes like the juice from pickled jalepenos with alcohol. blech.

brewblackhole (1587) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Poured dark golden , no head, hop and pepper aroma, basically flat mouthfeel until the heat of the pepper hits you, awful stuff, the first beer I didn't finish

Jedsbrew (464) - Rhineland, Missouri, USA - OCT 2, 2003
On opening, this beer had a skunky aroma and went glug..glug..glug when I poured it into the glass because the stem of the stupid pepper got stuck in the neck of the bottle. No head and a faint carbonation. The flavor was rather warm, vinegary and sickening, so I decided I didn't want any more. So, not wanting to damage the pipes, I took the rest of this beer out back and dumped it in the alley, and I hope the scent persuades the dog that keeps knocking over our trash cans to move to a different country.

0.9
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - SEP 29, 2003
My friend owed me a six pack, so I got a mixed one at LiquorMart, I hadn't had anything from AZ, so I figured,"What the hell." Smells like Bud, looks like Bud. The initial flavor wasn't bad for a chili beer, I've had better. However, I developed a stomach ache fairly quickly after drinking this. Chili beers need to be a little more subtle than this, it's like drinking a dish of salsa that had a macro-lager spilled in it.

0.6
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - SEP 29, 2003
I bought a bottle of this thinking, it can't be that bad can it, once again I'm wrong. poured a pale yellow with no head, taste was basically flat bud light with tabasco. only real flavor was the burning in my mouth, throat and the accompanying heartburn. I love spicy food, but this was just awful.

bu11zeye (13239) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - SEP 26, 2003
Bottle version: Ok I love hot and spicy food, but to drink a poor tasting beer that makes your throat burn is not my idea of a beer.