RATINGS: 869   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle: Filtered.
Brewed from 1990 to 2008 by Black Mountain Brewing Co. Production transferred to Cervecera Mexicana in 2008 when the Black Mountain Brewing Co. ceased as a brewery.
"Golden, very low carbonation, pale lager with a whole chili pepper in the bottle."
Website: http://www.chilibeer.com/

egajdzis (6233) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2003 Poured a light golden color with no head at all. I gagged when I smelled the aroma. I had to hold my nose to take a sip. The taste just burnt my mouth. This was gross!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
JMerritt (1941) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - SEP 16, 2003
What better place to try this than at a beer festival. Only 50 cents! Light yellow in color with no head. Aroma was straight chili-peppers, like you put your nose in a pepperocini jar. Flavor is initially sweet, before the chili flavor hits, and ends salty. A decent spice kick lingers for quite a while. You know, this beer delivers what it promises: chili beer. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, and I can see where this would be great to have with Mexican food or for boiling spicy brats.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - SEP 16, 2003
It is what it says....chili beer! You smell it, taste it, taste it later, and it will stick with you for quite a while. It's good for what it is but, not something I'm going to look for all the time.

stef92 (128) - Williamstown, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Absolutely the most disgusting "beer" I've ever put into my mouth. What was I thinking? I took one sip and almost puked my brains out. This stuff could make a great challenge on Fear Factor.

DavidP (1748) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 31, 2003
WTF
The only thing I can say about this stuff is that I managed to down my bottle and eat the whole pepper. It's basically Corona "dry-peppered" with a chili, which floats turd-like in the bottle.

PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - AUG 30, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 5, 2003 ok, wow this is jalapeno juice with a bit of alcohol. WOW, I mean someone might like it, but like not me. I drank it all though... sigh....so pathetic

EKGoldings (649) - Radford, Virginia, USA - AUG 14, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2007 Well, I had one before and did not take notes so I had to drink another for this review. Well, I attempted to drink it...rather I took a mouthful, swirled it around my mouth, choked a bit down and then ran to the fridge to wash off the nasty taste with a can of my wifes Bud Light. That didnt work do I brushed my teeth and tongue with Crest. That helped. Yeah, well, OK lets review this baby. No aroma to speak of, taste is light lager but after a few seconds the caspacin kicks in and you are left wanting a beer for refreshment. Thats when you realize the horrible truth that Cave Creek IS (supposed to be) a beer. I eat a lot of Mexican food and I eat whole Jalapeos, the beer is supposed to help cut the heat not add to it. I love hot sauces, I have a dozen in the fridge, one with up to a million SHUs but this beer just doesnt do anything for me. After you take a drink your mouth is burning and you hand instinctively, after years of training, heads directly to the beer bottle, only to wash your mouth with more pepper. Thats when you think "what the *** is this?". The good news is that this beer is great slug repellent.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
celogan (204) - Oroville, California, USA - AUG 10, 2003
This is a strange brew. Might go good with bean dip and chips as the spicyness is dominant. It goes down your throat like a salsa, has a slight burn to it. Not a lot of beer flavor. Carbonation wasn't bad. This poured light golden color with no head or lacing. I'd maybe drink it again if offered with no other choices and I really wanted something at least close to beer.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 6, 2003
Golden hue. Quickly diminishing white head. Nose of nasty industrial brew, and chili pepper. No flavor really, sweet, then just spicy budweiser. Really spicy...Really nasty. It is back in Massachusetts, but its really expensive...Never again for me!

hayden1215 (319) - Ohio, USA - AUG 5, 2003
I like chiles but this was not realy to my liking. Light yellow in color with little head. Aroma is light astringent/disinfectant and pepper. Really no flavor except for some heat. I kind of liked the idea, but this one turned out a loser.