overall
Brewed by Cervecería Mexicana (Grupo Modelo)
Style: Pale Lager
Tecate, Mexico

RATINGS: 166   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.95/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered
Ingredients: Water; Two-row Barley; Chinook, Mt. Hood Hops; Yeast.
Our original formula. This brew is bright, deep golden yellow in color. The aroma is of sweet malt, lightly floral and hoppy. The flavor reflects its hop bitterness; slightly sweet, and just a perfect balance of two row barley malt, Chinook, Mt. Hood, and peerless hops that culminate to a very clean and semi-dry finish.

worty (1) - tecate, California, USA - JUN 1, 2006 does not count
A really nice beer. Malt aroma, smooth and great flavor, nice appearance. No lemon is neccesary to drink this great beer. Try it with fish tacos, carne asada or shrimp coctel and ceviche...as more cold as much great taste..

bodo111 (12) - a, Texas, USA - FEB 19, 2008
great beer, 10 times better than corona. Nice medium body, easy to drink.

Sudz (7) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 29, 2007 does not count
Nice alternative to the usual south-of-the border suspects. Certainly Mexican, in a good way. Twist cap! Deeper in color than Corona and Pacifico. Nice bit of skunkyness on the nose. Medium head, drinks easy and very refreshing. A buck cheaper than Corona and I liked it better.

thirstyhoodlum (1) - - FEB 21, 2014 does not count
it is light, tasty going down, chrisp and has a very clean finish. it is the best mass produced beer Mexico has. I’m not comparing this with anything but mainstream. corona, Pacifico Dos x etc. It’s a really good beer for what it is. I’m very fortunate as our local brew master has out of this world beer in Rancho Mirage, ca my bros a rock star chief and makes some of my favorite stuff and we have the hanger brewery in Redlands a short drive away as stone brew as well etc. so again for the group it’s in its a must try. my go to beer since my high school days was Pacifico, new castle and Pabst.

darren1775 (8) - - NOV 22, 2016 does not count
Adjunct Lager--I think of this as the PBR of Mexico. Certainly not for anyone looking to be impressed. I think it holds it’s own against Pacifico, Tecate or Dos XX and has that kind of underground appeal of being a bit harder to find, which is why I look for it whenever I’m on a road trip in Mexico.

polarisbeerguy (42) - Lake Orion, Michigan, USA - AUG 10, 2013
great cerveza taste is great for style superior to other mexican brews very refreshing

Parrothead (294) - Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 17, 2004
Looks nice, decent head, although I drank the second one from a bottle with a slice of lime, hoping that would help the overall experience. Sweet up front, but not from malt. Rather bland finish, little or no hops. "Felt" a little heavier than Corona. Unique bottle, for that’s worth.

TonyDiUlio (679) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 27, 2010
Had with Dan at London grill. Pour is a clear bodied golden rob with bright white head. Aroma is typical of anpale lcger. Yeast and such. Flavor is distance d smooth with typical malts, yeast, and slight wheaty aftertaste.

AshtonMcCobb (6898) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUN 20, 2017
Bottle from Lupe Pinto. Appearance - golden with a nice fluffy head. Nose - sweetcorn and just an edge of butterscotch. Giving it the benefit of the doubt it seems to subside after a bit. Taste - light toffee and vegetables. Just a hint of something green to cleanse. Palate - light bodied. Creamy middle section. Could be fresher on the finish. Overall - not the worst international lager.